Boston 5 Toronto 3

Discussions for the Tommy Lasorda League.
larrysiegfried20

Boston 5 Toronto 3

Post by larrysiegfried20 »

Just to keep up with the race somewhat here is a re-do of a recap I did earlier with other and lost... I enjoy doing them but it frustrates me when the for whatever reason are lost and I saved that last one and still lost it.

BOSTON 5 TOTONTO 3

Boston came back to win game two of their series with Toronto 5-3 with Joe Grabowki going seven and a third innings giving up just two hits two walks one unearned run and striking out five.

Boston has received excellent starting pitching of late but as it always is something on the team is below par and that lately has been the defense. Boston has suddenly made 5 errors that have led to two unearned runs after making only three errors over the previous twelve games. However those two errors did come in consecutive games as well.

The Red Sox flexed their muscles in the bottom of the second inning when Chris Koch launched his 11th homerun of the season followed by Dan Mashore with his first for a 2-0 lead. Jule Caldwell followed with Boston's third straight hit off Toronto starting pitcher Hal Terry. Andy Norton rapped into a double play before Jim Halas came up to hit his 5th homerun of the season to put the Red Sox up 3-0.

Grabowki was victimized by two errors in the botom of the second inning. Larry Shilling reached on an error by second baseman Andy Pearce andwent to third when third baseman Andy Norton threw away a groundball hit by John Haynes for a two base error. Grabowki held Toronto to one run in the inning. 3-1 Boston

Boston expanded their lead in the 4th inning. scoring three times on four hits and this time it was the BoSox that benifited from an error in this error plagued game. A one out error on Toronto third baseman Randy Griffith allowed Jule Caldwell to reach. Caldwell stole his 4th base of the year to put himself into scoring position. Norton made the second out by striking out, swinging. Catcher Jim Halas had his best offensive game yet this season picked up his second run scoring hit, a simngle to right scoring Caldwell. Pitcher Jim Grabowki extended the inning by reaching on Toronto's second error of the inning, this one on shortstop Lady Lawton. The top of the order made Toronto pay for the miscue when Andy Pearce singled in Halas who ran the bases aggressively in order to score. 5-1 Boston.

Toronto picked up two runs in the 9th inning when Lady Lawton batting .300 (6 for 20) against Boston pitching hit has 5th homerun of the seasomn, two have come off Boston pitching.

Jim Carillo came in with one out in the 9th inning to get the final two outs and record his 3rd save.

Return to “Tommy Lasorda League”