Good-bye and Good Luck

Discussions for the Tony LaRussa League.
historymann49

Good-bye and Good Luck

Post by historymann49 »

Well, this cycle of the TLL has come to an end. For those of you who are new to the site, the Trial Leagues are a great introduction - you learn how the SD system works, learn how to manage a team, and so on. That's how I was introduced to SD - the Charlie Finley League. I enjoyed it and I learned a lot. That said, once you have learned, continuing in the Trial League system becomes rather pointless. One thing you don't learn, fully, is player development. There isn't enough time, unless you get a phenom in the draft, to develop good players. I joined the TLL, frankly, for the extra Dynasty Dollars but, as an experienced owner with several League and World Series titles under my belt, it was more tedious than fun.

I hope the newcomers among you enjoyed the TLL as much as I enjoyed the CFL, and I hope you will continue on SD. It's a lot of fun taking over an existing team, drafting carefully, developing young players, and building a team over several full seasons. Best of luck to you all in your future endeavors!

Return to “Tony LaRussa League”