IMPORTANT: MIA/League Future

Discussions for the Andy Messersmith League.

Moderator: Horseradish

Admin
Site Admin

IMPORTANT: MIA/League Future

Post by Admin »

For some reason, one of the active teams, Miami, was still on the sale list and it was accidentally purchased. The proper owner has been restored. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, we need to figure out what we are going to do about this league; I am surprised it has survived this long as it is. If we are going to keep it open, we need to get a Commish assigned. If we are not going to keep it open, we will make this upcoming season the last season and I will credit the remaining owners with the last 3 months paid into the league.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
blumer5

Re: IMPORTANT: MIA/League Future

Post by blumer5 »

I will be commish.

I know in one league, we only had 8 owners, with one being the AL owner and then also having a "farm" team in the NL. WOuld something like that be possible?
kyleturf30

Post by kyleturf30 »

I’m intrigued by Blumers idea... I will buy a AL team...if we do it.
blumer5

Post by blumer5 »

Yeah it was a fun league, it wasnt salary. i think the way we could make it work is that the NL is your major league team and the NL is the minor league team, you couldnt bid on any players with your NL team in free agency but could make any waiver wire transactions you wanted, it would be all about development and it would keep you from "working the system".
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

blumer5 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm I will be commish.

I know in one league, we only had 8 owners, with one being the AL owner and then also having a "farm" team in the NL. WOuld something like that be possible?
The problem is there are only three active owners so you would have to find an additional five owners willing to buy two teams.
blumer5

Post by blumer5 »

I agree, but i think we could attract some knowing we only have 5 spots to fill and not 13
bb_deed

Post by bb_deed »

Thanks for all the fun, guys, but I'm done. Loved playing the salary league, though!

Return to “Andy Messersmith League”