Leaving the league

Discussions for the Andy Messersmith League.

Moderator: Horseradish

maciu

Leaving the league

Post by maciu »

Due to a busy work and family schedule, I am leaving the league, as I cannot dedicate the time necessary for this game at this point. Thanks for letting me comepete with all. It has been fun.
Zarek

Re: Leaving the league

Post by Zarek »

I'm probably not to far behind you. This league is pretty dead and just not much fun.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Hi, AML!!

I don't play in this league so forgive the intrusion, but I do play in the Barry Zito League and chaperone a team in the Catfish Hunter League so well acquainted with Salary League play.

Admin has stated (in the old forums pre-hack/crash) that a merger between Salary Leagues wouldn't work due to the coding issues it would involve.

BUT -- there's nothing to stop those of us who enjoy salary league play from merging voluntarily ... as in, give up a team in a league that is losing owners and jump into one of the other three salary leagues that are in need of owners.

The beauty of Salary League play is you can easily break the win/rebuild cycle with the judicious application of short-term contracts. So even if the team you buy into is terrible, odds are you'll be able to fix it fairly easily. But y'all know that, I'm sure.

EDIT: Looked at salary league vacancies today. There are 4 salary leagues. The Kevin Brown League (12 GPD) is pretty solid. Barry Zito (6 GPD) only has two vacancies (one of which is chaperoned). Looks like there are **10** vacancies here in the AML (8 inactive teams + 2 chaperones). That leaves 6 active owners. The Catfish Hunter League (6 GPD) has seven vacancies (5 inactive + 2 chaperones), so that one - if y'all can live with half a dozen fewer games played - looks like it may be the best fit if you want to keep your ownership group together and voluntarily let the AML pass (long live the AML!) in a "voluntary merger" with the CHL. End of edit.

Anyway, I hope you give it some thought before abandoning the Salary League concept, and I appreciate your patience with this post.

-- Mark
Last edited by ballmark on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
num014

Post by num014 »

The commish is leave .
The first thing you must choose new commish and put inactive teams for sale.

Return to “Andy Messersmith League”