Age Old Micah Battey Record set to fall

Discussions for the Tony Gwynn League.

Moderator: DW_Geoff

DW_Geoff

Age Old Micah Battey Record set to fall

Post by DW_Geoff »

Way back in the golden age of TGL, a fella by the name of Micah Battey dominated the league. He still holds the season season records for Home Runs(57) and Rbis(169), he previously held league records in Runs and 2bs and holds All time records for HRs(679) RBIs (2162) and held records in 2Bs(2nd all-time), Hits (2nd) and runs(3rd)

His Single season RBI record is being challenged by Milwaukee Catcher Mickey Krause

All Time it will be quite a while to Catch Micah. Ham Jones is the leading active HR hitter and is 182 behind aged 33 its an uphill battle for sure. MEIII is the active RBI leader, and is 528 behind the Great Micah Battey, at 32 he may get close
swope81

Re: Age Old Micah Battey Record set to fall

Post by swope81 »

It's even more impressive because Krause is a catcher. He'd play another 10 or 15 games at another position. Wow.
DW_Geoff

Post by DW_Geoff »

Krause has been stuck at 168, and sits game 161...
kyleturf30

Post by kyleturf30 »

Battey was a beast! I remember him.
djjetz

Post by djjetz »

These Sims are such BS! He needed 1 RBI in 5 games and 2 of them he didn't even play. My back-up C is horrible and should never start a game. Especially when the team is on a playoff run. I'm getting sick of these Sims with the unrealistic games and stats. Now I know why more and more people are leaving.
coffeeman1

Post by coffeeman1 »

Battey was my player with the Philadelphia Psilons. And we used to take it to the Mets. We won 8 World Series Titles in 9 years back then with a great team and he is the best SD hitter I have ever had.
LIfetime Minnesota Twins Fan

Return to “Tony Gwynn League”