Possible Merger With RSL? Update

Discussions for the Vida Blue League.

Moderator: alan21615

historymann49

Possible Merger With RSL? Update

Post by historymann49 »

I've been in touch with Admin. Chris is working on a new merger procedure. The league with the fewer owners (the VBL, in this case) would have its owned teams absorbed into the other league as if they were expansion teams. They would retain their existing players with all of their stats. We would not revert to 1970 as in "regular" mergers with two cards for each player and mangled histories. Our owners are interested. What do you think?
Roaddog

Re: Possible Merger With RSL? Update

Post by Roaddog »

Tom,

As I stated earlier in another post, am OK with a merger, and think it makes sense for both leagues. If you need the Tampa Bay team to make a merger work, I will stay on as owner. If you have enough owners come March, and don't have room for my team, I am fine with retiring the Bootleggers along with the VBL. We have owners in the VBL that want to keep their teams going more than I do (I think).

Thanks again for dealing with all this.

Dave
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Between the two leagues we currently have 18 teams with owners, but who knows what may happen in the next month. Our season ends on March 9. Hopefully, we can make this happen.
TurkeyStearnes

Post by TurkeyStearnes »

I'm OK with the merger, but it needs to happen soon. It's not right that we keep getting charged for renewals, even when the league is on hold.
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

TurkeyStearnes wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 am I'm OK with the merger, but it needs to happen soon. It's not right that we keep getting charged for renewals, even when the league is on hold.
I agree that should not happen. I'll ask Chris about issuing credits.
TurkeyStearnes

Post by TurkeyStearnes »

The renewal prompt disappeared for a couple of days, but now its back and states I will be locked out of my team if renewal is not made in 2 days. So, you might as well as put my team up for sale because I'm not going to keep paying to renew a team when the league is on hold.

Return to “Vida Blue League”