Why is my Offense bad?

Ask for or give help with trade offers, training plans, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
Aparicio

Why is my Offense bad?

Post by Aparicio »

I hava A+ QB, maybe Medium OL, maybe Low WR.
Aparicio

Re: Why is my Offense bad?

Post by Aparicio »

http://football.simdynasty.com/roster.jsp?teamid=17410

-AP
Pls tell me what You think, eH?
Neon17

Post by Neon17 »

Your team doesn't look so bad, its probably your strategy. If I were you (I do this all the time with my teams) I would create some new strategies and experiment until you find one that works. It might take awhile, but I know in my experience that there seems to be one particular strategy that just clicks with a certain offensive unit and the trick is just to find it. Good Luck! :D
Pittsburgh River Raiders - FHFL
5 Seasons
31-49
0x WC
2x DC
0x CC
0x SB

Total Sim Bowl Championships
Premium 6x
Single 10x
ZenixSaxzon

Post by ZenixSaxzon »

I haven't figured this part out either. I have the best WR & QB in the game. I literally use (as close as can be with the sites limitations) a professional playbook. For example Sam & Will linebackers will be manually placed in depth charts as having/needing either speed or pass blocking, run blocking/versatility, etc as needed. Corner linebackers will be faster, interior will be stronger & guard the run more, in the cover plays, you'll have more pass coverage, yadda yadda.

Same for offense. The 9 routes (which you can't see) but would be ran by a non slot receiver have the fastest WRs, & the more agile WRs are in the slot, for the ability to take those slant routes (like the 7).

HB & FB are pretty self explanatory & the HB will have the best hands & FB more of a straight power run. My QB has A+ speed but sadly there are few QB run plays & he doesn't keep it enough, probably because it's 1960s football.

The offensive line is set to provide maximum protection. I've run various setups with my strategy (keep in mind there are only 15 plays or so) so the difference you can do is minimal. Especially when you can run 6 at once. What kills me is say on 1st & short, even if you set a 10% chance to go for a long pass, this shouldn't be guarded against very well. Especially if you're running it a lot of doing play actions, etc. However the defense always seems to setup in a Nickel - even if I'm not in a Shotgun, & then stop the long pass. Even to the sidelines. Which if you were doing a 2 Min drill, those plays are pretty high percentage.

I'm 1-23 so far despite totally customizing each play as much as I can & using/researching actual NFL settings & preferences that successful teams have used. I'm curious as to how the program actually works because it doesn't seem to allow much leeway. It's almost as if it says player X has stat Y & therefore only play Z will work if given A# of chances & any deviation from that magical percentage means that play is not as successful. That's not how football works IRL. It's about matchups. If my player is better than yours - I'm going to win a ton of matchups against you. Your defensive scheme can only mitigate it so much. Are there any real numbers on this?
ZenixSaxzon

Post by ZenixSaxzon »

I wanted to follow up on this. The next year in the same league (but the players redraft), I didn't lift a finger. I ran the same exact offense/defense, etc. The players were not optimized & my team went 11-5 unsupervised. I also did not bid on the draft & so I ended up with much worse players than I had the previous year. Quarterback was B instead of A+ for example. My WRs were B+ instead of A to A+.

The previous year I had the best WR/QB combo in the game. They "should" have gone for 1000 yards & killed the league. The 2nd year - running the same plays, my B/B combo was able to literally do 10x better & I didn't place them as "Flanker" etc - according to their skills. I would need to run a minimum of 10 to 20 seasons & purposefully tank some years in order to see why this is the case or if this is an outlier, but so far the initial results seem to show that the types of plays you select have no bearing on the success of the team, & having better players also have no bearing on the success of the team. It is simply a matter of luck. Each player seems to respond to a certain play, & there is no way to know which play he will "like." Rather than better players being able to run ALL players better than their lower ranked counterparts. Higher agility players should be able to run slants better for example, but this so far has not proven to be true. I think this is why Football has not proven to be as successful as the Baseball side of things.

Return to “Football Team, Draft and Trade Help”