Renewing

Discussions for the Nettles Ruth League.

Moderators: WillyD, thatrogue

WillyD

Re: Renewing

Post by WillyD »

DwightKSchrute wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:30 pm
WillyD wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:58 pm
swope81 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 pm I was thinking about leaving, but I think I'm gonna stay. Love me some Dee-White Southphilly, and blOwenAtkinson.
Swope staying is good news!
Willy being paid is good news too.
Anyone know what's up with Tim or BigDaddy?
DwightKSchrute

Post by DwightKSchrute »

Tim has the most wins since the merger and a great roster. Be a shame for him to leave us even if we aren’t getting his curmudgeonly input on the message board.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

BigDaddy is leaving, so I added PHI to the list of teams for sale.
tm4559

Post by tm4559 »

ok, i was on vacation, i went home for the weekend (weekend before last) and my phone won't cooperate with the message board. so i could not comment on anything from around the time the trade went through by colorado. which brings me to the point.

i am going to renew. i think. but i am going to say this: there better not be anymore of the fucking shennanigans from last time. this isn't the ogl, and you cannot just do whatever you like and nobody cares.

the trade that was made was 3 a- pitchers for one waiver wire piece of junk that will never make a signigicant contribution. sure, it might hit 30 home runs some season (i doubt it, but sometime there are so many tanky pitchers my dead ass mother could hit 30 home runs. but its forte will always be making outs. i realize the pitchers were not great, that is not the point. they were tangible assets that helped a team get to the playoffs. and helped the team win the renewal prize. you don't see anything wrong with that? Dwight? i see god dammint plenty wrong with it.

there better not be anymore trades like that ok? we do not need a vote to overturn those. the commissioner can go straight to admin and have an obviously unfair and lop sided trade reversed. admin can also kick the offending owner right off his team.

so that is where we are. Willy, i believe you didn't say anything because you were expecting some one else to say something, nobody said anything, so, i don't blame you for letting it go. i apoligize for not saying something. i was getting my stuff ready for vacation, and then i went home from work, and i was unable to access message board or u2.

no more of this stuff though. when someone makes a trade like that, you do not need to call a vote. go straight to admin. i promise you that is the best way. and i will be behind you 100%.

and dwight, this is the last time for this stuff. you know that trade was out of line. look, making a bad trade for fun or giggles, thats one thing. you made an unfair trade to capture a monetary benefit (first prize in the renewal). that is the worst kind of cheating, its motherfucking disgusting and deeply and profoundly dishonest. its like cheating at cards. i thought it was below you. what were you thinking? that you can just do anything you like to capture a few fucking dollars? you owe everyone an apology.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I understand your frustration Tim. That trade was really bad. There should have been at least a playoff pick/2nd rounder pick swap, or a few 2nd rounders mixed in. The hitter is awful, especially for its age. I did think that someone from the old OGL would've said something.

The owners dumping their vets need to realize that giving everyone a chance to trade for their assets is the fair thing to do, no matter if it's a bit of a pain. Put yourself in the place of the other owners fighting to win a ring, and how you would feel if someone just gave a team you're competing against, three solid pitchers for virtually nothing.

I think some of the bad trades, as well as the really excessive tanking has driven some owners off. I know for sure that affected KC's decision to leave. LannisG is one of the best owners I've played with, and it's a shame he left. Let's try to be better at offering and accepting trade offers that aren't lopsided, and not play any completely worthless players in the bigs when rebuilding. All players should be either a good mentor, or a prospect that has a chance to at least be a useable player for a good team once they're fully developed. I don't want to see a 24 year old B+/D- 24 pitcher in someones' rotation, or a C+/C 23 year old as a closer. The only reason there should be a player with a C or less overall grade in the majors is if there's a good chance that they are a minors bust/majors gem. If there's evidence to support that, then it won't be an issue if you play said player for 1 or 1-1/2 seasons. Even C= players should be rare. If they are on a roster it should really only be hitters that have potential to hit vs. RHP or LHP (usually heavy power low speed guys), and that suck on defense, or sometimes because they are catchers.
LannisG

Post by LannisG »

I don't complain about trades. But wont be returning because of this crap. I actually had a much better offer, for some of those same pitchers...
DwightKSchrute

Post by DwightKSchrute »

I got one good declining pitcher and two pitchers for 1/2 a season who are dogshit now.

At the very beginning of the season I offered:
Gilmore
Lake
Grossman

for a similar group of players. Mind you those pitchers are all a year older now and would've improved more pitching a whole season.

SouthPhilly made that offer to me so I assumed he like Stivetts better. I didn't understand why but that's his choice and his team.

I think the bigger problem is that this trade was the ONLY trade made the entire season. I'm not apologizing. It's hard to get things done on here these days. I needed to do something and no other offers were coming from anyone. I made offers to EVERY team that should sell and got ZERO counters but this one.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Dwight, you're right about it being hard to get deals done here. There are some owners that aren't very active, and either are afraid to make trades, or just stubborn about not needing to make them.

I've had trade offers before, that I felt were too good to be true, and whenever I feel that way I hesitate before pulling the trigger. Sometimes when the trade is obviously imbalanced, I'll decline it, but offer a similar deal with some additional compensation back to the other team. I think if had thrown in Grossman, then it's not as bad. I don't know what Lannis offered, but that part of it is beyond your control, and on SouthPhilly anyways, if it was really a much better offer.
SouthPhilly

Post by SouthPhilly »

The reason draft picks were not included in the trade is becaise we were up against renewal and niether of us had access to trade them. I would have rathered have a second round pick.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

SouthPhilly wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:20 pm The reason draft picks were not included in the trade is becaise we were up against renewal and niether of us had access to trade them. I would have rathered have a second round pick.
Fair enough, but what about those prospects Dwight mentioned?

Return to “Nettles Ruth League”