Rules

Discussions for the Nettles Ruth League.

Moderators: WillyD, thatrogue

Admin
Site Admin

Rules

Post by Admin »

Rather than have a bunch of votes and delay things further, I have set the league up as follows:

Games Per Day: The GNL's 12GPD
Renewal: The GNL's $60.39 renewal rate
NOTE: For this first term, all owners will pay $50. That means everyone already paid will get some credits in their account.
Minors: The BRL's System 5 minors.
Retirements: The BRL's System 2 retirements.
Variable Development: The BRL's variable development:

Code: Select all

Regular 45%
Young Major Leaguer 10%
Late Bloomer 10%
Enigma 1, Enigma 2, Enigma 3 6%
Ageless Wonder 10%
Bust 3%
Gem 6%
Bust in Minors/Gem in Majors 2%
Gem in Minors/Bust in Majors 2%
Eureka 1, Eureka 2, Eureka 3 6%
Schedule: The GNL's schedule.
Catcher rule: The BRL's 2-minimum catcher rule. (Technically the GNL also had this rule but it was not set as enforced in the code.)

Prizes: 1st place=Free renewal to the league or a free team in another private league. 2nd place= 2 free seasons of Dynasty or $20 credit toward RNL renewal. 3rd place= 1 free season of Dynasty or $10 credit toward RNL renewal.
How to determine the winner: The team with the most number of wins including post-season victories is the winner. First tie-breaker is number of WS titles, second is number of WS appearances, third is number of play-off appearances, fourth is number of 1st place finishes.

The GNL had some additional rules restricting name changes to ABE-generated or real life names, and some restrictive rules related to where a player may play on defense. Were those rules still being enforced?

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
thatrogue

Re: Rules

Post by thatrogue »

Wait...the GNL had a name change rule??? Fine everyone, immediately!

(Just kidding. The GNL name change rule has not been enforced in years.)

The player position rule was still in effect, though we were on the honor system and relied on self-reporting. I'm neutral as to whether this rule should be considered for the RNL.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

thatrogue wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 am The player position rule was still in effect, though we were on the honor system and relied on self-reporting. I'm neutral as to whether this rule should be considered for the RNL.
Let's just go with the standard position change rules. 50% catcher rule, etc. I'd be OK with a bit higher or lower, but it seems to work OK.
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

WillyD wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 am
thatrogue wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 am The player position rule was still in effect, though we were on the honor system and relied on self-reporting. I'm neutral as to whether this rule should be considered for the RNL.
Let's just go with the standard position change rules. 50% catcher rule, etc. I'd be OK with a bit higher or lower, but it seems to work OK.
I'm fine with that. Any GNL'ers have serious concerns/objections?
DwightKSchrute

Post by DwightKSchrute »

If I'm getting a $10.39 credit this is all totally good with me.

The old GNL position rules were a relic from the game a decade ago when position switching was much easier in the game engine.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

DwightKSchrute wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:52 pm If I'm getting a $10.39 credit this is all totally good with me.
You should see the credit in your transaction history.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I am pretty happy with the way the AL/NL thing worked out. I hope everyone else is too. In fact I'm pretty excited about this league as a whole for the future.

Chris
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Admin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:39 pm I am pretty happy with the way the AL/NL thing worked out. I hope everyone else is too In fact I'm pretty excited about this league as a whole for the future.

Chris
Looks like a great group of owners.

Am I correct in saying that the former GNL players are all going to have standard development curves?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

WillyD wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm
Am I correct in saying that the former GNL players are all going to have standard development curves?
Yes, this is correct.

Chris
DwightKSchrute

Post by DwightKSchrute »

Admin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm
DwightKSchrute wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:52 pm If I'm getting a $10.39 credit this is all totally good with me.
You should see the credit in your transaction history.

Chris
Sure do. Thanks for getting this rolling Chris. You probably just hooked me into another term. :)

Return to “Nettles Ruth League”