Vote on Regular season game time change

Discussions for the Nettles Ruth League.

Moderators: WillyD, thatrogue

Change the schedule of games as specified below

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

SouthPhilly

Re: Vote on Regular season game time change

Post by SouthPhilly »

I think it's ok it keeps us on our toes. With the percentages the way they are I think there has just been more top picks not developing it should even out. Also we pay so much attention that we notice quick. But open to change.
tm4559

Post by tm4559 »

SouthPhilly wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 pm http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=12819918 I have never seen anything like this. MAN this James Rudolph is something special 61 ICs converted in 2.5 seasons.
and it has almost become a real prospect. almost.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Yeah, I like it how it is too.
SouthPhilly

Post by SouthPhilly »

At the improvement of rudophs 67th IC converted he is officially a highly coveted code bit in the Miami Orginization.
SouthPhilly

Post by SouthPhilly »

70IC's converted in 3years and not done.
SouthPhilly

Post by SouthPhilly »

74 ICs converted in 3 years. Do I keep him in the minors or promote him? I want to promote him to free the ICs up but I'm not dumb so I am leaning on keeping him in the minors. What would you guys do?
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Willy has a pretty good handle on the VD thing.

He's given me some great advice on some of my guys.

What do you think Willy?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

OS22 is usually a bad improvement year for B+ pitchers, so if you promote him all season, and wind up with 0-2 improves, you won't know if he's a majors bust or just rec'd the usual ABE shit sandwich.

What I'd suggest is that you leave him down next year if you can, but if needed, promote him for about a half season and get him 25 major league ICs (that all go to vel/ctrl). If he doesn't convert well in the majors, you'll have to do this split season thing every season, until he either runs out of options, or he converts enough major league ICs that you can safely assume that he's not a majors bust. If he gets 50 ICs during his OS 23-24 seasons and doesn't get at least a handful, then you send him down until he develops fully.

Even in a regular development league, I'd suggest the half season in the minors thing for pitchers under 24 years old. So this tactic works well anytime you think you may have one of these "half busts."
SouthPhilly

Post by SouthPhilly »

Thanks guys
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

SouthPhilly wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 pm 74 ICs converted in 3 years. Do I keep him in the minors or promote him? I want to promote him to free the ICs up but I'm not dumb so I am leaning on keeping him in the minors. What would you guys do?
There is NO way I'd promote it before OS24, while it is converting ICs at this rate. Keep maxing its CPs and take what ABE is giving you. You're getting a double benefit from it being in the minors: 1) it is getting more ICs than it would in the majors, and 2) it appears to at least be a "Gem in Minors" player, as it is converting at a higher than normal rate. When something is working this well, you do not change it, until it is no longer working.

Return to “Nettles Ruth League”