What Would Willy Do?

Discussions for the Nettles Ruth League.

Moderators: WillyD, thatrogue

swope81

Re: What Would Willy Do?

Post by swope81 »

thatrogue wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm
swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:02 pm
thatrogue wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 pm I'd be most happy to ride off into the sunset and rebuild this thing. But then folks like Dwightums and Swopes talk about how unreasonable I am for wanting decent value for my players

Well, I guess we wait and see if you get that sweetheart deal you've got such a hard on for.
I'm not looking for a sweetheart deal. I'm just looking for fair value. And, if I don't get fair value, I'm happy riding it out and letting those players remain on my team until retirement. That's much better than giving them away for less than fair value.

It's funny how the person who believes that lesser prospects are too much to trade for great players has the audacity to type the words "...wait and see if you get that sweetheart deal...". When you're looking to trade lesser for greater, that's the very definition of a sweetheart deal. LOL

I think what you're missing this whole time, is I'm not really looking at trying to add your players.

And I never once tried to devalue them. I was actually very complimentary of Vosberg especially.

Gulp on that.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

tm4559 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:14 pm this is why you are loved.
this is why he's a turd burglar.
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm
thatrogue wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm
swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Well, I guess we wait and see if you get that sweetheart deal you've got such a hard on for.
I'm not looking for a sweetheart deal. I'm just looking for fair value. And, if I don't get fair value, I'm happy riding it out and letting those players remain on my team until retirement. That's much better than giving them away for less than fair value.

It's funny how the person who believes that lesser prospects are too much to trade for great players has the audacity to type the words "...wait and see if you get that sweetheart deal...". When you're looking to trade lesser for greater, that's the very definition of a sweetheart deal. LOL

I think what you're missing this whole time, is I'm not really looking at trying to add your players.

And I never once tried to devalue them.
I was actually very complimentary of Vosberg especially.

Gulp on that.
swope81 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:04 pm
DwightKSchrute wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:42 am Darren,

I'm sure anyone would love to have those guys. But I doubt anyone can meet your king's ransom price especially since Swope's is already making the playoffs with younger guys. It seems clear to me I'm going to have a hard time selling my older guys too as there aren't many teams buying right now.

Willy was talking about selling which seems crazy to me since there's players with life left he can get a decent deal on.

I'd pay for them. It doesn't make sense for me to overpay for them right now though.
I guess it was pretty ridiculous of me to interpret what you wrote as meaning exactly what you wrote.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

If you really look into it, it means where my team is at right now, I don't need to overpay for talent. I just made the playoffs with a young and improving team. If I spend too much it kind of hurts what I've put together here. It wasn't a knock on your guys.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Is that clear enough for you?
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 pm

I don't steal turds...I prefer leaving them on your team for you to enjoy.
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 pm If you really look into it, it means where my team is at right now, I don't need to overpay for talent. I just made the playoffs with a young and improving team. If I spend too much it kind of hurts what I've put together here. It wasn't a knock on your guys.
That statement is the knock that started us down this path. You keep implying that trading the things currently in your minors would be "overpaying".
swope81

Post by swope81 »

thatrogue wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:20 pm
swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 pm

I don't steal turds...I prefer leaving them on your team for you to enjoy.
LOL touché

Or should I say douché :D
swope81

Post by swope81 »

thatrogue wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm
swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 pm If you really look into it, it means where my team is at right now, I don't need to overpay for talent. I just made the playoffs with a young and improving team. If I spend too much it kind of hurts what I've put together here. It wasn't a knock on your guys.
That statement is the knock that started us down this path. You keep implying that trading the things currently in your minors would be "overpaying".

So my team is on a nice trajectory and I don't need to overpay right now for talent. How is that a knock on your guys?
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

swope81 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:56 pm
thatrogue wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm

So my team is on a nice trajectory and I don't need to overpay right now for talent. How is that a knock on your guys?
Imagine I had an i8, an AMG S65, and an Aventador as part of a high-end car collection. You advertise having a 488 GTB for sale, and I tell you that, my funds are tied up right now, and, while I can currently spend another $50K on a car, I don't want to overpay. Who talks about overpaying when they don't even have the fair value to spend on what's available for sale?

Return to “Nettles Ruth League”