Never realized it about the draft

Discussions for the Nettles Ruth League.

Moderators: WillyD, thatrogue

smann

Never realized it about the draft

Post by smann »

So NYA finishes with a .546 win percentage, but drops to 12th in first round picks, behind SD (.599) and CHI (.593). Did my team drop two spots because of the play-in game? Maybe it's in the game guide. I'll have to look.
swope81

Re: Never realized it about the draft

Post by swope81 »

Huh, I have no idea on that. Anybody have any thoughts?
tm4559

Post by tm4559 »

It's simple. Right or wrong, Abe thinks of that play in game as part of the playoffs (in real baseball, that game, when it was called for, due to a tie, was thought if as part of the regular season. Even MLB now has one game playosss as as part of the "post season.". That is of course a grotesque joke, but it's another discussion.

In the ABE setup, The four playoffs teams draft 13th to 16th (in a normal year). The fifth playoff team (in an abnormal year) has to draft 12th. Because it made the playoffs. It could have won the play in game and then won the pennant and the WS. The draft position is the price the team pays for that chance to advance. SD and CHA did not make the playoffs.
smann

Post by smann »

Not arguing the point, tm, as it makes sense,however the Game Guide only mentions the "12 teams not making the playoffs", and the play-in game shows up as game 163 in the standing.
tm4559

Post by tm4559 »

It does yeah. It's one of the little glitches. Since that game runs as part of the playoffs code, Abe seems to recognize it as a playoff game.

Return to “Nettles Ruth League”