Random formation sample

Admin
Site Admin

Random formation sample

Post by Admin »

I've had to step away from football for a couple of months to work on other things (baseball updates, heart issues, working on relocating the server, moving to a new place, etc) but work is still continuing.

To remind myself of where I was I threw together a page to just dump random formations from the database; this is 25 formations out of 65,522 in the database.

One time-consuming aspect is making sure all the formations get named in a reasonably logical fashion; changing how one formation is named may affect the way hundreds or even thousands of other formations with some similar feature get named. So it's a lot of combing through names and formations, noting where changes need to be made, figuring out how to surgically make that change, regenerate the database (a couple hour long process), and repeat, making sure I didn't break anything along the way. A good example is the first formation on this sample: "Pistol I-Form H-Slot" should probably have been "Pistol I-Form H-Stack"; "Gun-I Left Form" should have dropped the word "Form" or had it as "Gun-I Form Left"; etc.

I'm going to find a more logical way to present these and make the page available so if anyone wants to go through them, you can. The database is an attempt to catalog every individually named play that can be created with the formation editor, so many of the formations aren't going to be very good, but if someone creates it, it still has to be named. (Not all formations can/will have unique names; if the split end in "Pistol I-Form H-Slot" is moved out another 3 yards, the name of the formation wouldn't change, but moving him out another 6 yards would, probably to "Pistol I-Form Base H-Slot".)

Chris
Attachments
form.jpg
form.jpg (127.61 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
oldbone

Re: Random formation sample

Post by oldbone »

So, how will it work?
Can you set formation tendencies, pick plays with certain primary receivers, etc?

65k formations? Wowee.

Return to “Football Beta Testing/Development”