Trades offers

Discussions for the Aaron Fox League.

Moderators: swope81, Leonard

Covid18

Trades offers

Post by Covid18 »

I sent out a flurry of trade offers trying to pick up a closer, but - miracle of miracles - I struck a deal with NYN. He got a good young prospect, I got a fireballer who still has tread on his tires.

However, I am still looking to upgrade my staff should anyone want to throw an offer my way. All the trades I sent out got canceled because one of the players involved got moved.

(FYI... Dale Drysdon is pretty much untouchable, unless I get a boatload in return. Jes sayin...)

Thank you JohnG, good negotiating.
If only Spec Richardson had never been the Astros GM...
Johngarm70u

Re: Trades offers

Post by Johngarm70u »

I would have given us a 1% chance to get a deal done before we started. Thanks for working it out with me.
Covid18

Re: Trades offers

Post by Covid18 »

I'm amenable to the give and take of trade negotiations. Too many guys take it personally. I even like it when someone criticizes my offer. As long as it never gets personal, I like to barter.

You understood that I wouldn't make my best offer my first offer. It's silly to bid against yourself. I send out crappy offers to see if there's interest in the other team moving their player, then it's up to them to tell me what they would take in return.

You communicated what you wanted, and we wound up where we both wanted to be. :D 8-)
If only Spec Richardson had never been the Astros GM...

Return to “Aaron Fox League”