stadium question

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
Michael1

stadium question

Post by Michael1 »

It was mentioned that adjusting lineup by park layout was a good idea. I am looking to experiment with this in Dynasty leagues, If a wall is the short one and has a two foot high wall or higher do you load up for that wall or do you play for longer side based on Power?
Hamilton2

Re: stadium question

Post by Hamilton2 »

What? I honestly don't even understand the question. Sorry man. I got nothing for you.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Wall is Left is a 309 wall Fence is 25 ft high. RF wall of 335 and 12 ft high. Which side do you try to exploit?
Right handed power hitters or the LH power hitters?
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

The two numbers get added together for an approximation of net total impact. So ... left field (better for Right handed hitters) is 334 and RF (better for Lefties) is 347. That's marginally better for lefties. If you actually want to exploit a field configuration for one side or the other, you need a more dramatic split than that.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Marginally better for righties.

Anyways, the stadium isn't just about your hitters, it's about your pitchers too.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

I am looking to exploit the opponents stadiums. My home stadium is almost always neutral (symmetrical). The Switch hitters on a team will mess with the strategy but I can make it work.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Use your better hitters, and if they are equal, use the better defender. If they're still about even, then use the right handed hitters over the left handed ones.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Yeah. I'm with Willy on this one. You are going to have the best results if you play your best players. :) The marginal difference in RH vs. LH based on those stadium dimensions is negligible at best. Maybe a 98 power Righty is going to perform better than a 99 power Lefty, maybe not. It's way too close to bother with that degree of micromanaging for a stadium that close.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

WillyD wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:04 pm Use your better hitters, and if they are equal, use the better defender. If they're still about even, then use the right handed hitters over the left handed ones.
I'm curious why you would choose the right handed hitter all other things being equal. I almost always have a heavy lefty/switch hitter lineup, so my stadiums favor left handed hitters. Coming into my park with righties would be an advantage for me. I might not be normal, but I was curious and thought I'd ask.
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

Based on the mildly better for RHB stadium in this particular example. I don't think he means it as a universal truism
MDorf wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:19 am
WillyD wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:04 pm Use your better hitters, and if they are equal, use the better defender. If they're still about even, then use the right handed hitters over the left handed ones.
I'm curious why you would choose the right handed hitter all other things being equal. I almost always have a heavy lefty/switch hitter lineup, so my stadiums favor left handed hitters. Coming into my park with righties would be an advantage for me. I might not be normal, but I was curious and thought I'd ask.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”