Dynasty Leagues switched from 3 days between OS and Draft Day to 1 day!!

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
Kingturtle

Dynasty Leagues switched from 3 days between OS and Draft Day to 1 day!!

Post by Kingturtle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 am

With all due respect, WTF! There's always been 3 days between OS and draft day, and suddenly it's 1 day??? ABE made my picks! AND THEY SUCK! I am angry beyond words about this.

Beanballs

Re: Dynasty Leagues switched from 3 days between OS and Draft Day to 1 day!!

Post by Beanballs » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:18 am

The schedule is shorter because the month of February only has 28 days (or 29 with leap year), and the new season always starts on the 15th (24 teams) or 16th (16 teams) every other month.

Also you have after September 1st (Draft Class Reveal Date) to rank your class (about 2 weeks real time before the draft), and go to Owner--Team Profile--Default Amateur Draft Rankings and select "Use My Attribute Settings".

That should cover you in a situation where you cannot rank because of the real world interupts sim time...

Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:35 pm

I have a special formula I use in a spreadsheet. Takes me about 30 minutes to do. The attributes thing is sh*t.

Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:56 pm

You have a special formula!?!

Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:12 pm

ha! YES. I created an algorithm based on available statistical information provided us in the Game Guide :)

Beanballs

Post by Beanballs » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Attributes are there so you do not have ABE rank your draft when you cannot set the class (which it sounds like it happened to you), when I have been away on vacation I have had to use that method only (no internet access).

Spreadsheets are a very good tool to use (I used to do one in excell), and if it takes 30 minutes (sounds about right) the question still remains, why not start ranking when the class come out two weeks ago real time? Or use the down time in the playoffs?

Every private league I have played in had the draft within 24 hours of the offseason running (some within a few hours of the offseason). My advice would be the same as above, use attributes to prevent ABE from ranking your class, and to start ranking when the class comes out.

Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:05 pm

You have had access to the amateur draft class for nearly two weeks of real time. At 3 games per day and a new season starting consistently on the 16th of each month this is 100% not a problem.

Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:16 pm

I don't have the time always to sit down to prepare my draft ahead of time. A 1-day turn around is awful. I realize I could have prevented it myself, but I can also still be upset about a 1-day turn around.

Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am

Blaming a persons habits when the real issue is the companies lack of communication is rather unfair.

PizzaMan8

Post by PizzaMan8 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 am

Seems that you're upset over not being able to rank the draft properly. Given that you've already had 2 weeks, I don't really think an additional 2 days would've helped much.

"Blaming a persons habits when the real issue is the companies lack of communication is rather unfair."

I don't see how that's the real issue? Apart from this one time, the schedule as a whole is very consistent. The new season always starts on the 16th (or 15th) every other month. When there is a major issue, the admins are always very quick to act.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”