Draft picks

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
dwilson

Draft picks

Post by dwilson » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:02 am

I would like some advice on the draft pick trades. Is there a measure for offering number ones or numbers two, etc?

I have a hard time trying to figure out what the fair offer to an owner for a number one draft pick. The same with a number two.

I know it depends on the order your team is on the draft pick etc.

But any advice you can give is appreciated.

Slvanlae

Re: Draft picks

Post by Slvanlae » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm

There is only value in the First two rounds. I did a decent analysis going back 7 drafts for the one dynasty league I am in and found that higher than 75% of 3rd round picks were released within the first season of being drafted.

Myrmidon

Re: Draft picks

Post by Myrmidon » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:03 pm

Try to make trades after the draft class is revealed. This will give you more of an idea of what the value is depending on where that team is drafting. Normally you want to trade your draft picks when your team is competing for a playoff spot to sure up any holes in your roster or give you that added edge. When your team is no longer competing trade aging players for draft picks. A grade a- player aged 30-33 is usually worth a first round pick and maybe a prospect too if he is really good. If the player is younger he is worth more. Counter offers are your friend. Before you decline a trade make a counter offer to try and increase the value of what your getting. Most people will send horrible offers to you. Use this board if you need help determining fair value until you are comfortable making the decisions on your own. Hope this helps.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”