Top 2

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
bck919

Top 2

Post by bck919 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:41 am

http://www.simdynasty.com/draftprevnew.jsp?lid=4393

Ford Hernández League, 24 teams, injury system 2.

There's an A+ OS24 RP, Bill Knepper. Seems like a no-brainer pick at #1 but I'm only two years into a full rebuild (just bought the team couple seasons ago) and think 2B Jim Gordon better fits my plans. Also don't know how much value I'd get if I try to trade RP or the pick with his D+ health and F endurance.

Appreciate any and all feedback

WillyD

Re: Top 2

Post by WillyD » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am

Take Gordon! Great hitter, although you'll need to convert him to a corner OF spot. He'll never have the range for the infield, but should develop a solid red letter arm.

Because of the reliever's age, his endurance won't get very high, limiting his usefulness.

bck919

Post by bck919 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 am

Thanks for the feedback, Willy.

Any thoughts on taking the RP and then trying to shop him to a contender or team just coming out of a rebuild? Or do you think owners wouldn't want to give up too much for him based on his health/endurance?

Also, here's my roster for reference http://www.simdynasty.com/depth.jsp?teamid=125647
And I have an 18 yo SP and 19yo 2B/SS being trained on other teams.

WillyD

Post by WillyD » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm

It's risky unless you agree to something before drafting him. That reliever could be a great closer type on a team with really good starters that good good endurance. If you can use him to close out that 9th inning only, he's a nice weapon, especially in the playoffs where you built in off days.

The thing is, you have a great alternative in the draft (Gordon), and it would suck to miss out of him. I know that A+ looks really nice, but he's about the worst A+ player you could have. Put that A+ overall at SP or a hitter, and the value would be easily 2-3 times more.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”