Rotation settings

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
gannable

Rotation settings

Post by gannable »

Anyone have the Rotation settings for that system where you place all best starting pitchers in the bullpen. Then, they enter the game early and wind up pitching in 100 games with over 250 innings and getting over 30 wins?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

People used that a few years ago and I hated it.
However, I have this team that doesn't perform to my expectations. I'm interested in attempting something drastic. But, I don't want to use the wrong settings.
gannable

Re: Rotation settings

Post by gannable »

could make this a case study..... before and after

ABE has boned me the past 6 seasons so I have nothing to lose
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

It has something to do one inning starts from your C- or more endurance pitchers and then giving way to your best pitcher in the 6th inning or sooner. Openers drive folks crazy cause the order vs X starts then your best pitcher comes in and he is opposite hand. There is not a setting to PH if pitcher is X handed. So your lineup continues against the pitcher that some of your batters are weak against.
gannable

Post by gannable »

I don't know if I implememnted it perfectly.

But I changed by settings last night in a 36 gpd league.

I've won 15 in a row.
Covid18

Post by Covid18 »

I'm not familiar with a system, but it seems to me that all you have to do is set the parameters for your starting pitchers to be pulled after giving up 1 hit or 1 run, etc, then allowing RPs to give up 4 or 5 before they are pulled.

Then set up your PHing for SPs to happen in the early innings. That would get the starter out early, and leave the RP in longer. And, have the same pitcher slot (Long A or whatever) be your first choice at every slot. Then rotate your RPs into that slot each game or so.

Just spitballin...
If only Spec Richardson had never been the Astros GM...

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”