What to do with Durbin?

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
ofan1987

What to do with Durbin?

Post by ofan1987 »

http://www.simdynasty.com/depth.jsp?teamid=19432

Happy with the way this rebuild is going. Took over this team with no assets in the majors or minors and feel like they're close. Just stuck on what to do with Durbin at this point
Beanballs

Re: What to do with Durbin?

Post by Beanballs »

I would play him everyday at 1B now. His range/arm fits there better than Eubanks, who I would project as a corner OF or maybe even a trade chip (or maybe one of your current OF'er could be a trade chip) to upgrade your pitching or maybe your catching...
The Land of Pleasant Living
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I agree with Beanballs!

I'd actually demote your SS though. 20 year olds should be in the minors.
ofan1987

Post by ofan1987 »

I've been converting Eubanks to catcher.

He's at 35% right now
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

I strongly agree both that Durbin should start at 1B and that your SS needs to get down to the minors ASAP. Based on your current allocation, I'd put him on 13 CPs, keep Cox at 12, and drop Eubanks to 11, while keeping 14 and 15 in place.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

I really don't advise playing a hitter with B- range at 1B but I agree Durbin should be in the majors and Whitcher in the minors
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Durbin could wind up A-/B on defense depending on where he is in those grades. Adequate for 1st base, if not ideal. You don't really want a B- or B arm in the OF unless you have to.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

Think id put Fried at 1B and Durbin in the OF.

Also Kearns should be starting, he can still get some important improves over the next couple years. 1 A+ mentor in your lineup is enough mentoring, just dump guerrero and a couple of the pointless bullpen arms and fill your bench with 3 more good mentors.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

phen0m wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm Think id put Fried at 1B and Durbin in the OF.

Also Kearns should be starting, he can still get some important improves over the next couple years. 1 A+ mentor in your lineup is enough mentoring, just dump guerrero and a couple of the pointless bullpen arms and fill your bench with 3 more good mentors.
Good point! Agree on both. Hopefully Kearns turns into a decent mentor next season too.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

WillyD wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:52 am Durbin could wind up A-/B on defense depending on where he is in those grades. Adequate for 1st base, if not ideal. You don't really want a B- or B arm in the OF unless you have to.
Average Sim OFer handles 1.5-2.5 chances a game and arm doesn't play a part in all of those. 1B handles 9-10.5 chances per game virtually all of which are affected by range, that's a difference of between 1,000-1200 chances a year. If you don't want a B- or B arm in the outfield I don't see why you want an A- range at 1B.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”