What to do with Durbin?

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
WillyD

Re: What to do with Durbin?

Post by WillyD »

Because of the way stretching works, and all of the fast players in most SimD leagues, any OFer with an arm of B- or less, virtually guarantees an extra base on any single or double in the OF.

In regards to A- range at 1st base, that's not ideal, but adequate. I try to get A or A+ guys over there if I can, but I'm more concerned about the hitting ability at the corner IF spots. Anyways, do we really know how much the 1B range plays into throws to 1st base? That's where almost all of the chances are coming from. Do we have any evidence that a 1st baseman can drop a throw from a fellow infielder? I've never seen anything in the Sim to show that it can. Does a 1st baseman with good range save the other infielders from getting throwing errors? Maybe, but again do we have any evidence of that, or a post from admin stating that's the case? If anyone does please show me, and I'll certainly start emphasizing 1B more!
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

WillyD wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:32 pm
phen0m wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm Think id put Fried at 1B and Durbin in the OF

Also Kearns should be starting, he can still get some important improves over the next couple years. 1 A+ mentor in your lineup is enough mentoring, just dump guerrero and a couple of the pointless bullpen arms and fill your bench with 3 more good mentors.
Good point! Agree on both. Hopefully Kearns turns into a decent mentor next season too.
Strange that you don't want Durbin's weak arm in the OF, but you agree he should be in the OF
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

tworoosters wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:30 pm
WillyD wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:32 pm
phen0m wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm Think id put Fried at 1B and Durbin in the OF

Also Kearns should be starting, he can still get some important improves over the next couple years. 1 A+ mentor in your lineup is enough mentoring, just dump guerrero and a couple of the pointless bullpen arms and fill your bench with 3 more good mentors.
Good point! Agree on both. Hopefully Kearns turns into a decent mentor next season too.
Strange that you don't want Durbin's weak arm in the OF, but you agree he should be in the OF
No answer to my previous response? Why am I not surprised?

In response to your attempt at deflection, it's strange to you I suppose, but quite simple for most people to understand why I agreed with phen0m that Fried is a better choice to play at 1st base than Durbin. I originally said Durbin was a better choice to play at 1st base than Eubanks, which of course, he is.

Fried is B+/C on range and arm, and Durbin is B-/C. Which player is more likely to have the better range one full developed? Which player is more likely to have a better arm once fully developed?
If the only 2 available positions for these 2 players is 1B and OF, which player makes more sense to play at 1B, and which one in the OF?
Fried at OS25 could end up A-/C+ on range/arm, and Durbin at OS23 could make B+/B-on his range/arm. Either could end up slightly better, but we can see that Fried will likely have the better range making him a better choice at 1st base, and Durbin will likely have the better arm and therefore be better suited in the OF than Fried.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”