Minor vs Majors advice on an OS21 RP

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
ttreese

Minor vs Majors advice on an OS21 RP

Post by ttreese »

Would appreciate thoughts from veteran owners on bringing up a talented OS21 vs keeping him in minors. Player is developing extremely well in minors and would expect more of the same over next two years before bringing him up to majors as an OS23 with the thought being generally players develop in minors up until OS22 and in majors better between OS 23-25. This player would be effective in Majors today which would free up more IP in minors for other players as well as help him with his lifetime stats; potential save leader getting started a few years earlier than most.

Nick Duggan

Nationals Roster
WillyD

Re: Minor vs Majors advice on an OS21 RP

Post by WillyD »

Leave him down until he hits A-, and I would leave him down this year for sure, A- or not. Pitchers are different than hitters in that their best major league improvement years are a year later than hitters. Also, you don't really have that many prospects worthy of a lot of CPs, so it's not hurting you keeping him down in the minors. That may change next season after another draft, and then I'd re-visit this decision then.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

keep him down this year and next year. And put 15 CP's on him, Boddicker will never be any good.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

and bump Bonin and Cruz up to 14 and 13.

Boddicker is OS20 already...not good.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

Why isn't Krug starting? You are killing his development.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

Start Krug vs. lefties as well. With his A- health, he is going to miss out on probably 10-12 ICs by not starting him against 25% of the starters. Don't worry about his less than great ratings. ICs are what makes them go up, so the more the better.
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

Thanks All! Appreciate the advice...
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

If you are not competing for 1st place I would bump the 23 year old SP up to 3rd starter to get him more IC's as well. The more he pitches the more IC's he gets.

I micromanage dynasty teams and get guys in and out of the line-up and have them pinch hit when out in order to maximize IC's. Got a guy with F health 85 chances a few seasons ago.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”