What the bloody hell

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
Dumbwop

What the bloody hell

Post by Dumbwop »

Am I missing something or is it because the team is on the young side. Last few years Ive seen little to improvement in overall record. Always 15 to 20 games below 500, wildly inconsistent pitching and hitting. Any clues as to which way I should go? Getting a little frustrated
http://www.simdynasty.com/depth.jsp?teamid=140448
WillyD

Re: What the bloody hell

Post by WillyD »

Sometimes it's not you, it's the other teams. But in this case I would guess that it's your lineup. It just isn't very good. The LFer is horrible, and those average hitters in the infield are bad on defense.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

on top of that most of your lineup has poor health and you have pretty much no bench. You have a few bench guys getting a pretty decent amount of at-bats who are all hitting below .600 OPS.

pitching cant win by itself, you need a full lineup of good hitters, and at least a couple solid bench hitters also especially if your lineup has poor health.
Dumbwop

Post by Dumbwop »

So I should scrap what I have and start over??? I never really had any luck with this game, never get a good mix of talent. Every time I draft health they can hit no field or field and hit a little . Go after hitting they cant stay healthy or field, I don't think Ive ever developed a true stud hitter. Make a trade and for what ever reason my guys goes off and the player I get forgets how to play.

Guess I just don't understand what to look for. Pitching for what ever reason I can always find.

BTW I know my LFer SUCKS, he is a place holder, IF I can ever make a trade that works out
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Well you can't expect your team to perform well with so many holes in the lineup. You can get away with 1 or 2 holes during the regular season if the other hitters on the team are very good, but that's not the case with your team.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Dumbwop wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:43 pm So I should scrap what I have and start over??? I never really had any luck with this game, never get a good mix of talent. Every time I draft health they can hit no field or field and hit a little . Go after hitting they cant stay healthy or field, I don't think Ive ever developed a true stud hitter. Make a trade and for what ever reason my guys goes off and the player I get forgets how to play.

Guess I just don't understand what to look for. Pitching for what ever reason I can always find.
You have s solid group of pitchers, and many of them are under 30. I would try and trade for some hitters. Maybe you can land 1 or 2 that aren't that old yet. Then maybe fill in a couple spots with vets who are pushing up on declines. You can usually get a few for cheap.

For hitters, keep Granger for sure, and then maybe Willhite, and Devine who's really good vs LHP. Anyone else you could trade. The catcher is OK, and still young, but I'd be open to any deal involving any of your younger major leaguers or minor league prospects. You could even try a couple year re-set and trade of your pitchers over 30.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

Maybe it hasn't been like this for long, but you need to start by allocating your CPs. You only have 95 of 120 right now.
Dumbwop

Post by Dumbwop »

CPs haven't been like this for long injuries have caused me to move players around. Ill take care of it post haste.

A question trades, who would you be most likely to trade. Pitchers and position players if you took over this team and if at all possible and why. I only ask as I stated above I normally end up on the short side of the stick. Except for Granger that maybe the best deal I ever made.

Draft picks for this up coming draft don't really interest me as it looks to be a terrible draft.
http://www.simdynasty.com/draftprevnew.jsp?lid=6096
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

Bottom-line; we're in a competitive league. My Wranglers team probably could have won championships in other leagues but have struggled to make playoffs in this league due to great competition. My two cents; you have great pitching but need help w the offense. KC, Washington, and Oakland all have great pitching staffs but yours is even better; however, they have much stronger offenses...Good luck!
Dumbwop

Post by Dumbwop »

Ya I know, I hate to break it up but, I need a couple of sluggers to start. Maybe a little addition by subtraction.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”