Player Advice

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
CJefcoat

Player Advice

Post by CJefcoat »

Want to keep him because he absolutely rakes, but would I be better off putting him in left, or should I keep him getting points? I don’t want to lose defense, as I think he holds his own, but also want to maximize his opportunities.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id ... s=fielding
Descent54

Re: Player Advice

Post by Descent54 »

Left or right, but I would definitely platoon him.

Greg(Washington/MML)
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

Depends on your stadium but left would minimize his low arm rating more.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Willy and Hamilton have said that 2b is the easiest position in the sim. He seems to do okay there. His B+ arm is ok for Corner OF but he would do better at 2b and will convert easier to that than OF.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

He is having a nice season, but his ratings say he isn't very good. He will get a little better, but he would always be a bench player in my mind when I am building a roster. That doesn't mean you don't start him in the short term to maximize his potential, but he would be a placeholder for me at best. Don't get too caught up in statistics, especially in limited sample sizes.
CJefcoat

Post by CJefcoat »

Yeah he’s not a cornerstone or anything. Will probably end up moving him to left. Still rebuilding ...forever;).
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I don't know about holding his own on defense - his fielding ratings are pretty low...I'd put him in left only unless you can get him playing 1B; certainly not SS or 2B. They see, by far, the most chances.
CJefcoat

Post by CJefcoat »

Hey Bro, thanks man I already moved him back to left. Still, that opens up a future hole at SS where I don’t have an answer for. Hopefully there is a draft pick that fits.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Always can trade - you know me, buddy. Trade happy!

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”