call up

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
gannable

call up

Post by gannable »

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=13546983
http://simdynasty.com/depth.jsp?teamid=123185

I guess he needs to be called up at some point this season?
There isn't a slot for him. Even in terms of backups someone would get buried if I called him up.

My plan is to promote him when a starter gets an extended injury and then put him in that slot and to promote him during September.

Need to have my best lineup; playoffs aren't guaranteed here. I can't justify benching any of the starting 8.

But he does need at least 20 IC's or at majors, correct?
lordlau1

Re: call up

Post by lordlau1 »

Hey Gan. At his age he is still converting really good minor league points. You risk stunting his growth with a call up, imo. I've found swapping them back and forth when they are under 24 hurts their growth. If he wasn't converting I could see an argument to call him up, but he's converting very well. If you don't need him to compete I would leave him in the minors.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

He's OK either way at his age, but with his low health he might be better off in the minors, or at least until he turns 23 in early September.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

The biggest problem owners have, not Willy or Hamilton, but the rest of us is rushing players to the ML roster. Sometimes waiting until 24 or 25 allows the player to thrive. ROY and CY awards are nice but the ultimate goal here is to win for a long period. Yes bringing up a guy in VAR DEV league can jumpstart them but it can also hurt pitchers with health hits or Endurance hits. Why this doesn't apply to hitters is baffling, hitters don't lose health for playing 162 but a pitcher throws too many innings and they get whacked. Don't rush to promote until the player seems to stall. Injuries take chances away. no Injuries in the minors.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Ideally you want to play hitters at OS23, but if they have a late b-day it isn't a big deal. I would strongly suggest not leaving a good prospect in the minor leagues at OS24 or older unless you have no better option for him. Your best improvement years are ages 23-25. 22 is OK too.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I agree - I wait until 24 or 25 myself.
gannable

Post by gannable »

ok thanks

depending on how the playoff race breaks down I may call him up in September this season.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

lordlau1 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 pm I agree - I wait until 24 or 25 myself.
You're missing out on some of the best improvement rates then
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Everytime I call up a 22 or 23 year old in the ML and start them they literally convert 0. When I do it at 24, they convert alot.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”