Trade advice in the Speaker Wilson League (Dynasty League)

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
itzaboy

Trade advice in the Speaker Wilson League (Dynasty League)

Post by itzaboy »

I need your help with this trade offer. This is a (Dynasty League)

I have been offered:
Keiichiro Yoshida
Ed Krieger
2008 Draft Pick Rd 2(MIN)

I would give up:
Jim Clancy

Here is a link to my depth chart

Here is a link to the other owner's depth chart

And here is a link to my league's standings

Thanks for the help,
itzaboy
Gardy101

Re: <t>Trade advice in the Speaker Wilson League (Dynasty League)</t>

Post by Gardy101 »

Full disclosure, I'm in this league, but I feel like you could get more for your guy.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

You have an A overall SP with 2 seasons prior to declines hitting. Likely a high end SP 1 for a season and half, then a solid, useful starter for another 3+ seasons.

In exchange you are getting ... what? A lottery ticket 2nd round pick, a #4/5 SP in his 30's, and a hitter who MIGHT be low A-/A+, but most likely stalls out at B+/A+ (low power grade) or A-/A (low end contact).

There is nothing special here for you. I think you can and should get at least 2 1st rounders or similar quality pieces. And if you can't, I don't know why you would move him at all. If it only costs a 2nd rounder, 1 veteran filler, and a MEH longshot mid 20's guy to get an A overall pitcher ... maybe you should be buying instead of selling?
itzaboy

Post by itzaboy »

Hamilton2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:30 pm You have an A overall SP with 2 seasons prior to declines hitting. Likely a high end SP 1 for a season and half, then a solid, useful starter for another 3+ seasons.

In exchange you are getting ... what? A lottery ticket 2nd round pick, a #4/5 SP in his 30's, and a hitter who MIGHT be low A-/A+, but most likely stalls out at B+/A+ (low power grade) or A-/A (low end contact).

There is nothing special here for you. I think you can and should get at least 2 1st rounders or similar quality pieces. And if you can't, I don't know why you would move him at all. If it only costs a 2nd rounder, 1 veteran filler, and a MEH longshot mid 20's guy to get an A overall pitcher ... maybe you should be buying instead of selling?
Thanks for the insight, I'll be declining this deal.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”