Trade advice in the Billy Hamilton League (Dynasty League)

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
Michael1

Trade advice in the Billy Hamilton League (Dynasty League)

Post by Michael1 »

I need your help with this trade offer. This is a (Dynasty League)

I have been offered:
Bill Eden
Speed Harvey
Benn Wilks
Bill Corbett
2039 Draft Pick Rd 2(MIL)

I would give up:
Mike Eldred
Otto McManus

Here is a link to my depth chart

Here is a link to the other owner's depth chart

And here is a link to my league's standings

Thanks for the help,
Michael1
phen0m

Re: <t>Trade advice in the Billy Hamilton League (Dynasty League)</t>

Post by phen0m »

seriously?
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

phen0m wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:50 pmseriously?
Great advice, as usual
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

You are being offered nothing of real value for an OS30 A overall SP, while this deal is better than the one you accepted earlier, that was correctly reversed, it's still a bad deal for you - pass.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

tworoosters wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm
phen0m wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:50 pmseriously?
Great advice, as usual
yet your advice is just as helpful as mine, as they still don't understand why those players are nothing of real value. As much as owners have exhaustedly tried to help this owner understand why, its pretty clear its futile at this point if they are still getting trades reversed and putting up trades like this on the board.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Why don't you keep your hands off the keyboard then. I understood why it happened but I didn't see anyone else following up that trade veto with anyone of value so what does that say about the league? No one has the players to make such a trade happen. Because of such attitude I am leaving Dynasty and doing only subscription leagues from now on.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

Michael1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:05 pm I am leaving Dynasty and doing only subscription leagues from now on.
thats probably a good idea. the more seasons you play the more you can learn player value, and the trade market should be more active. Id recommend just playing 1 or 2 fast leagues at a time so you can focus all your attention to them, rather than having your attention spread over a bunch of leagues.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Michael1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:05 pm I understood why it happened but I didn't see anyone else following up that trade veto with anyone of value so what does that say about the league? No one has the players to make such a trade happen. Because of such attitude I am leaving Dynasty and doing only subscription leagues from now on.
Michael, while I understand it can be frustrating when you are unable to trade an asset for what you feel it is worth that doesn't mean you simply have to accept "the best offer". Eldred is an OS30 A overall SP with A+ control, he's either a 3 piece player in a trade or you simply don't trade him, the first deal you took gave you nothing that could ever be as valuable as Eldred, Corbett is OS25 with green letter power and he can't bunt, he is at best a #7/8 hitter with a .350-360 OBP and an OPS below .750 and Wilks is barely a major leaguer.

To say that "Well that's all I'm going to get so I better take it" is just foolish, when you have elite players they either stay with you or you get what they are worth. If you respond with "well I'm not winning with Eldred so I need to move him" then you need to realize that you certainly aren't going to win more games by substituting Wilks & Corbett for Eldred (and tossing in McManus). I wouldn't trade McManus on his own for Corbett & Wilks but you felt it was a good idea to toss in an A overall SP to sweeten the pot. The second offer adds three items but still nothing that is ever going to be as good as Eldred is right now, a 28 year old reliever recently acquired off waivers,, the ironically named "Speed" Harvey who at OS24 might make A-/A- vs RHP (though it's highly unlikely) and a 2nd round pick.

If "No one has the players to make such a trade happen" then it doesn't happen, that's the simple truth.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”