Stud Hitter with F Health vs 18yo Hitter

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
Buzzz

Re: Stud Hitter with F Health vs 18yo Hitter

Post by Buzzz »

Thanks Willy, learned a few things will be taking the 22yo.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Buzzz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:04 pm Thanks Willy, learned a few things will be taking the 22yo.
You're welcome Buzzz. You always have some fun draft choice questions. There a lot of factors to consider, and I'm glad if I was able to help you on some of them.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

With that F Health at 22 would it be wise to keep the player in the minors cause of Improve collection?

If injured in the majors is it not collecting Improves while injured?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Buzzz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:15 pm With that F Health at 22 would it be wise to keep the player in the minors cause of Improve collection?

If injured in the majors is it not collecting Improves while injured?
You could keep him down for OS22 if you wanted. It would be good for his speed and defense. Plus you might be able to pinpoint some of his grades.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

Ok. If a player is injured in the bigs does he lose Improve opportunities cause he's on the DL?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Buzzz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:32 pm Ok. If a player is injured in the bigs does he lose Improve opportunities cause he's on the DL?
Of course, on the DL or not, injured players do not accrue ICs.

The good news is that after an injury, his IC accrual rate would increase which will help off-set the loss. The only worry I would have is if you're not able to get him back in the lineup once he's healthy because of the speed of your league. If you can't check often enough during the day, then you could have a problem.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

So you saying its a wash minors or majors for Improves even if the F health player is injured for lengthy time(s)?

Am not in a winning mode so won't take the F Health player out of the lineup if he was injured.That way he's assured to be in the lineup once healthy.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Buzzz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:19 pm So you saying its a wash minors or majors for Improves even if the F health player is injured for lengthy time(s)?

Am not in a winning mode so won't take the F Health player out of the lineup if he was injured.That way he's assured to be in the lineup once healthy.
Well with system 3, there's no telling how many ICs in the minors he'll get. I've seen high 40's to the 90's.

An F health hitter in the majors, could be high 40's to high 70's depending on the lack of injuries and your team mentoring. Again the length injuries would take some IC's away from his season total, but not as much as met people think. I can't stress this enough, if he gets a couple 10-20 day injuries, and you don't notice it until the end of the day, it could really be bad in a 36 GPD league.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”