let me know if I'm crazy

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
MDorf

let me know if I'm crazy

Post by MDorf »

I wanted to see what people think about an offer I sent out. I believe it is fair value, though I could see swapping out a pitcher, maybe.

I tried to get:
Tyler Potts
Bob Callahan

in exchange for:
Stan Massey
Kyle Jeffries
Al Sadowski
along with 2 first round picks.

My depth chart
matthewlee3

Re: let me know if I'm crazy

Post by matthewlee3 »

I can't imagine they would get a much better offer than that, but also are they selling? That's still a really good roster
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

I know it's a good roster and probably shouldn't be selling, but he says he is. Then he complains that nobody is offering anything. His counter was Potts and 2 OS 34 starting pitchers (1 A overall but without dominant skill and 1 average A-) for Jeffries, Miksis, Gwynn, and Heiser. Miksis and Gwynn are locks for A and Jeffries has a decent shot to get there. Heiser should be an allstar every year and win an MVP or 2. I don't even get Callahan in that offer. There just isn't a counter I have for that. I might swap Mollwitz for Sadowski, but that is as far as I can see changing it.
bpearly69

Post by bpearly69 »

I don't see the harm in holding what you have, rest of your roster is young enough to wait for some of these guys to finish developing, I'd be looking for more offense
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

bpearly69 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:02 pm I don't see the harm in holding what you have, rest of your roster is young enough to wait for some of these guys to finish developing, I'd be looking for more offense
At this point, it is probably not worth trading for more offense until Detroit trades away some of his pitching. I just don't think I can leap frog him otherwise. Cleveland is well above the rest of us, which I think is why Detroit says he wants to start it over. With Detroit out of the way, it is wide open. I think I could possibly get there by picking up the 2 pitchers I wanted this season. If not, I think next season would be a lock. I do have some really good hitting prospects that will be coming along that I can trade if needed, but I don't want to trade any of that until Detroit is off the board.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”