playoff success

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
jbk

playoff success

Post by jbk »

While I quite enjoy SimDynasty I have always had a problem with the playoffs. I play in 3 game a day leagues. I tend to check each game result and make adjustments based on the next game as needed. In the playoffs, however, because all the games occur without set intervaIs I lose this ability. I have to set my lineups and rotation for a possible 7 game series and have no ability to make changes as a series develops. In the last World Series I participated in my team had one significant injury in each of 4 consecutive games. By the last game I had several players in positions I would have modified had I had the opportunity. I have always wondered what if anything I should do to prepare for the absence of control during the playoffs. Any thoughts or suggestions?
MDorf

Re: playoff success

Post by MDorf »

I have never played in a 3 game/day league, but there should still be a set schedule for the playoffs. Since they have to get up to 7 games in, the gaps will be shorter by necessity. You should be able to go to the Owner tab -->league info--> league schedule to get the times (eastern time) if it is the same as speed leagues.
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

Yes, you're still getting 1 or 2 hours to make your changes between games. You may need to not sleep at all that day to stay awake and make live changes, though.
SquidJordan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am all you can do is all you can do.
Vytron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about
lgriffio

Post by lgriffio »

You can use the backups v. RHP and v. LHP to accomplish any lineup changes you wish in the event of injuries, including moving starters to different positions.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Vytron wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:59 am Yes, you're still getting 1 or 2 hours to make your changes between games. You may need to not sleep at all that day to stay awake and make live changes, though.
I like to do the same but I work 8-5 on the east coast and my office is a literal bomb shelter and I get no cell reception in my office and the site is blocked along with all of the proxy sites.

So I literally have lunch as the only time I can go out and make lineup changes. So I feel this guys pain.
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

lgriffio wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:39 pm You can use the backups v. RHP and v. LHP to accomplish any lineup changes you wish in the event of injuries, including moving starters to different positions.
There's some contrived changes that can't be programmed, like when your C is tired and you don't have a backup C and need to move your best 1B to the bench so she replaces your C, and your second best 1B to play as 1B. This is the reason sometimes I get rid of my backup C on purpose to increase performance.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Playing a player out of position at catcher isn't good strategy, nor conducive to playoff success. Unless you want the other team to go 10-for-10 on stolen bases.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

Nobody is tired in playoff games anyway. With the days off on the "travel" days, no games are missed aside from injury.
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

WillyD wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:50 am Playing a player out of position at catcher isn't good strategy, nor conducive to playoff success. Unless you want the other team to go 10-for-10 on stolen bases.
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm talking about trial leagues, where stealing aggressively with randomly drafted players isn't a viable strategy, allowing any 1B playing as C to triumph over them (and, yes, this only happens on the day the main C is tired, which doesn't happen in the playoffs/world series).
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Vytron wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:17 am
WillyD wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:50 am Playing a player out of position at catcher isn't good strategy, nor conducive to playoff success. Unless you want the other team to go 10-for-10 on stolen bases.
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm talking about trial leagues, where stealing aggressively with randomly drafted players isn't a viable strategy, allowing any 1B playing as C to triumph over them (and, yes, this only happens on the day the main C is tired, which doesn't happen in the playoffs/world series).
Stealing aggressively is always a viable strategy when the catcher has a poor arm or is below 100% on his catcher rating. Trial leagues, play leagues, playoffs, whatever the case may be.

I know you weren't talking about playoffs at all. The OP was. Playoff success can also mean getting to the playoffs.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”