Trade advice in the Reggie Jackson League (Dynasty League)

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
sirguru75

Trade advice in the Reggie Jackson League (Dynasty League)

Post by sirguru75 »

I need your help with this trade offer. This is a (Dynasty League)

I have been offered:
Hiroshi Fujita
2029 Draft Pick Rd 2(MIL)
2029 Draft Pick Rd 2(CHA)

I would give up:
Cy Skaugstad

Here is a link to my depth chart

Here is a link to the other owner's depth chart

And here is a link to my league's standings

Thanks for the help,
sirguru75
MDorf

Re: <t>Trade advice in the Reggie Jackson League (Dynasty League)</t>

Post by MDorf »

Personally, I'm not trading any viable prospect for 2 2nd round picks. Skaugstad could be anywhere from very good to just okay, but I would ride with him. There just isn't much incentive to take the deal. At best, 1 of the 2 2nd rounders pans out, but the odds are against either of them being better than what you have.
jrthecrusher

Post by jrthecrusher »

MDorf wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:48 pm Personally, I'm not trading any viable prospect for 2 2nd round picks. Skaugstad could be anywhere from very good to just okay, but I would ride with him. There just isn't much incentive to take the deal. At best, 1 of the 2 2nd rounders pans out, but the odds are against either of them being better than what you have.
I disagree with your assessment that the picks are unlikely to pan out. We're not talking about 2 playoff 2nd's here, both of those picks should be in the top 20 (or darn close to it) which (for my money) is basically a playoff 1st. If the OP can find Skaugstad at 15th in the first place it's possible he could find two pieces just like him(depending on the draft class) with those 2nds. If an owner is confident in their ability to turn one or both of those picks into a piece as good as or slightly worse than Skaugstad then I would say the value is there.

The big issue I see with this deal is that the OP has a pretty thin CP situation and most of his prospects are under 20. Meaning that even if he did nail the draft picks it's unlikely he would be able to develop them properly without marginalizing existing prospects.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

"The big issue I see with this deal is that the OP has a pretty thin CP situation and most of his prospects are under 20. Meaning that even if he did nail the draft picks it's unlikely he would be able to develop them properly without marginalizing existing prospects."

I don't know how to do the quote thing with the new forum, so this was the best I could do.

This is the primary reason 2nd round picks don't often work out. If it was a no CP league, my evaluation might be different. However, it is a CP league and I will stand by my original statement.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Maybe the old saying, "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" applies, or maybe not.

The OP has a lot of OS/18 hitters with 10+ CPs on them. If he has all of his 1st round picks over the next few years, then more picks might wind up being wasted. You very well may get a better prospect from one of those picks, but it won't be better than the future 1st rounders or many of the current young hitting prospects he has.

However, if he's short on picks in the upcoming years, then the deal makes sense, especially if those picks are likely to be top 20 ones.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

MDorf wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:49 am
I don't know how to do the quote thing with the new forum
Click on the quotation mark in the top right corner of the post you want to quote
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

tworoosters wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:44 pm
MDorf wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:49 am
I don't know how to do the quote thing with the new forum
Click on the quotation mark in the top right corner of the post you want to quote
Thanks

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”