Stacked Minor Leagues--Help Me Allocate CPs

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
PhillyDynasty

Stacked Minor Leagues--Help Me Allocate CPs

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Depth Chart

I am lucky to have a stacked minor leagues, in the pitching department. The trouble is that this is a CP league, with variable development, and there are not many active owners, so I think my ability to flip my talented young pitchers for majors-ready prospects (my usual strategy) is limited.

Making the assumption that I have to keep all of these young players and not trade them (though I will keep trying!), what CP allocation would you recommend. If you want to take a deep dive, please rank the # of CPs you would place on my pitching prospects. (My two talented position players will stay near the top.)

I am very torn about Troy Daniels. On the one hand, he is a generational talent who continues to develop well in the minors and will only be 20 for most of the season. On the other hand, he does not need CPs as desperately as players like Bob Moffett and Mike Nordbrook, who have the potential to be great, but are very young and need improvements now while they are near max conversions. I wish I could promote him to the majors, but OS21 is too young, especially for a prospect with D- health!

Please share any thoughts you have. My current CP allocation is my current strategy. I'd really appreciate a ranking of the pitchers, by your CPs, if you have some time!
tworoosters

Re: Stacked Minor Leagues--Help Me Allocate CPs

Post by tworoosters »

I think you're about right, my only issue is that I think Stairs deserves more CPs, I like him better than Moffett.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

tworoosters wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:31 am I think you're about right, my only issue is that I think Stairs deserves more CPs, I like him better than Moffett.
Thanks for the input--you're probably right. I shot Stairs up to 12CPs from 9.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Do you have any idea where Moffett is in those grades? being a C at D+/C+ he has to be high in one or both just to be a C.

Moffett should improve like crazy in the first 2 years on a normal development curve. Here is a non Variable development guy that started 27/49 for you to ponder. So currently 41/72 with 21 games to go in OS19 season.

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=127 ... rimps=imps

He has had 15 CPs on him the whole time. He is also a full underage, and has been lucky. But I suspect him to be a B-/A+ at worst.

Anyway I think what you are doing is fine. I don't love poor health hitters, so I would probably have Heling lower (13) but if what you said is true about being unable to move guys due to non active owners then there is no problem developing him as he should be a stud.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

ratman44 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:05 pm Anyway I think what you are doing is fine. I don't love poor health hitters, so I would probably have Heling lower (13) but if what you said is true about being unable to move guys due to non active owners then there is no problem developing him as he should be a stud.
It's frustrating to not be able to move guys, but also I got my #1 and #2 ranked players from my pre-draft board at picks #1 and #14 in the draft this years. So, upside and downside. This is the OCL and I am in AA (lowest of three levels), so the inactive owners all drop down here. I am visiting for a rebuild haha.
ratman44 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:05 pm Do you have any idea where Moffett is in those grades? being a C at D+/C+ he has to be high in one or both just to be a C.

Moffett should improve like crazy in the first 2 years on a normal development curve. Here is a non Variable development guy that started 27/49 for you to ponder. So currently 41/72 with 21 games to go in OS19 season.
Not sure. Moffett has two control improvements so far, and is still at C+ control. So, he has to be close to B- already, I'd bet.

I jumped Moffett up one spot to 12CPs just now. His promise is very high (especially in variable development, where I can now say confidentially that he's not a bust at 2/4 improvements to start). I'm in a good position, but also feel bad to not get some guys the ICs they deserve. Moffett deserves all 15 on him for sure.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”