Playoff starting lineup

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
gannable

Playoff starting lineup

Post by gannable »

http://www.simdynasty.com/roster.jsp?ha ... mid=142966

What would you have as your starting lineup for the post-season? I viewed this season as a transition period. I started a few young guys over vets but I still made the playoffs. I had been prepared to attempt to sell if things didn't go well.

im definitely starting

vineyard -
newman
Whithem
Carey
Butters

I'm torn over C, SS, and the other OF spot.
I started Leber and Mcquaig except for the last 7/8 games when I got nervous about blowing a lead.
Dutch Henderson, Larson and Kopf had been starting.

I'm leaning towards giving one last run for Petty, Webster, and Hulvey. Then, hopefully they retire
gannable

Re: Playoff starting lineup

Post by gannable »

and what two hitters would you rest?

the two who are being rested I don't necessarily consider them the lowest on the pecking order for the post-season
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

You don't get additional improves in the playoffs, so you should just start your best 8 in whatever configuration. So I don't think it's a particularly close call; start the vets.

I would rest McQuaig and Cheney as the two weakest batters on your roster, but I would also consider Honeycutt since a 3rd catcher is likely superfluous, in which case I'd keep McQuaig around as a backup infielder (although he's really not adding anything for you on defense)
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I'd keep one of the young A+ runners on the roster for pinch running situations. Maybe Cheney, since you have 2 players in the OF with D health.
gannable

Post by gannable »

well, the team won the WS
As long as the opponent doesn't have all A+ speed, red letter contact, and low power I can defeat that team

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”