Rank these 4 Draft Pitchers?

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
MDorf

Re: Rank these 4 Draft Pitchers?

Post by MDorf »

For me, it's Becker, Britton, Hoch, and then Holly. Hoch and Holly would both be pretty down my draft board. The splits are just too wide. With normal development, Holly is going to be a better pitcher than Hoch. But with normal development, neither are probably useful. I just don't see how Holly gets better than C velocity. Hoch could get lucky and get a disproportionate number of control improves, which is why I have him higher. Britton has the highest potential of the 4, but he comes with more risk. If he get unlucky and get heavy velocity improves, his best case is #5 starter or back of the bullpen. Becker is safer, but the ceiling is lower.
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

I would completely avoid drafting Holly and Hoch, and have Britton ahead of Becker
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Britton - Will be a decent starter at a minimum, and with some luck, has the potential to make A overall.

Becker - chance to be a decent pitcher, maybe B/A and A- overall. If he was B overall, I might bump him up over Britton.

Hoch - decent 3rd round type of prospect. With some luck, he has an outside chance to be an OK bottom of the rotation guy.

Holly - I would drop him to the bottom of my draft board. F velocity is too much to overcome with that high control score. He'll likely never make C velocity, and if he does, it'll be later in his career.

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”