Please Rank These Three Prospects!

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
PhillyDynasty

Please Rank These Three Prospects!

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Bob
Jackie
Homer

How do you rank these three?
Last edited by PhillyDynasty on Thu May 17, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WillyD

Re: Please Rank These Three Prospects!

Post by WillyD »

1. Jackie
2. Bob
3. Horner
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

WillyD wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am 1. Jackie
2. Bob
3. Horner
Thank you! I am adverse to selecting LHP, but should I consider Jim ahead of any of these guys?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

PhillyDynasty wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:55 am
WillyD wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am 1. Jackie
2. Bob
3. Horner
Thank you! I am adverse to selecting LHP, but should I consider Jim ahead of any of these guys?
I'm not sure why you don't like lefties. Many of my best HOF pitchers were lefties, and there have been many times having a couple good or great lefty starting pitchers has given me a big edge in a playoff series. Some teams have lineups that aren't suited for LHP, or have a stadium with a short porch in RF, allowing my lefties to turn around switch hitters, and make them hit to the big part of the ballpark. 80% of home runs n the sim are pulled!

All things being equal, I'd pick Jackie over Jim. However, you don't have a lot of pitching in the minors, and have a good amount of hitting talent, so taking a pitcher might be a good idea. Is that the best pitcher available?
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

[/quote]

I'm not sure why you don't like lefties. Many of my best HOF pitchers were lefties, and there have been many times having a couple good or great lefty starting pitchers has given me a big edge in a playoff series. Some teams have lineups that aren't suited for LHP, or have a stadium with a short porch in RF, allowing my lefties to turn around switch hitters, and make them hit to the big part of the ballpark. 80% of home runs n the sim are pulled!

[/quote]

I agree. The most important factor in my ranking hitters is the vR ratings. As a result, I am usually weaker against LHP. I also usually have a shorter fence in RF than LF to suit my predominantly LHB lineup. I'm heading into a playoff series tomorrow where 3 of my 4 starters are left handed. That is just a fluke as I don't pay any attention to it when ranking my draft, but it doesn't bother me at all.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

1 Jackie, 2 Bob, 3 Homer
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”