Trade advice in the Fred Lynn League (Dynasty League)

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
TrammellHOF

Trade advice in the Fred Lynn League (Dynasty League)

Post by TrammellHOF »

I need your help with this trade offer. This is a (Dynasty League)

I have been offered:
Joe Nolan

I would give up:
Bob Filer

Here is a link to my depth chart

Here is a link to the other owner's depth chart

And here is a link to my league's standings

Thanks for the help,
TrammellHOF
dabigtrain

Re: <t>Trade advice in the Fred Lynn League (Dynasty League)</t>

Post by dabigtrain »

I'd take that. Filer might turn out better than Nolan - his OS19 skills beat Nolan's, according to the "past skills" estimates - but Nolan fits the apparent timing of your build better. He'll be around as all those mid-20's pitchers on your staff mature.
TrammellHOF

Post by TrammellHOF »

Thank you, what worries me is the fact that Nolan (though his rating is high) seems to be a under performer...career .298 OBP & .242 BA.

TrammellHOF
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

In my opinion, he is too young to put too much stock in that. He has been improving each year and his career stats are not a good reflection of what he is now. He is currently putting up a good season. You do have to worry about small sample size, but it is based off his current ratings. If he was 31, it would be a more valid argument. I can't guarantee he will be awesome, but he is not a .242 hitter.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

Take it quickly before the offer is pulled. The prospect won't be as good as the mid-20's veteran, plus you get the time value of a fully developed player vs. a teenager. I'd accept it quickly.
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
bahstonwedsawks

TrammellHOF wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:35 pm Thank you, what worries me is the fact that Nolan (though his rating is high) seems to be a under performer...career .298 OBP & .242 BA.

TrammellHOF
I'd recommend only looking at skills and ignoring stats. I don't look at stats at all when making trade offers or deciding whether to accept/reject an offer I receive.
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

bahstonwedsawks wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm
TrammellHOF wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:35 pm Thank you, what worries me is the fact that Nolan (though his rating is high) seems to be a under performer...career .298 OBP & .242 BA.

TrammellHOF
I'd recommend only looking at skills and ignoring stats. I don't look at stats at all when making trade offers or deciding whether to accept/reject an offer I receive.
I don't completely agree with this. When you're talking about all red maybe, but there is a huge difference in a 60/92 vs a 67/100 in this case. I just don't think the stats are useful until players are in their 30's. If he still has a lifetime OPS in the .750 range at 31, I think the stats will tell you he is low in his grades.
TrammellHOF

Post by TrammellHOF »

Thanks to all...I took the deal but it wasn't an easy decision...I really like Filer and his A+ health and chance of being a really good player.
bahstonwedsawks

TrammellHOF wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm Thanks to all...I took the deal but it wasn't an easy decision...I really like Filer and his A+ health and chance of being a really good player.
For what it's worth, I'd recommend ignoring health unless it's two identical players then I'd use it as a tiebreaker.
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”