Chaperones! We Need Chaperones!

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
ballmark

Chaperones! We Need Chaperones!

Post by ballmark »

The Harold Baines League has a few teams going wanting without owners ... we were under the impression a new and streamlined merger process was just around the corner but as that appears to be in a bit of a delay loop while issues are worked out, we could really use your help to keep the league competitive and take some pressure off our overworked Commissioner, trying to keep up with these rosters, plus the other three teams he's paying for in other leagues.

One National League team - San Francisco - and two American League franchises :arrow: Washington and Minnesota. Los Angeles in the AL may be posted soon, as well. We're looking into that one.

If you're a chaperone and could see your way clear to taking pity on a long established good and active league, we would be appreciative. We are just beginning our 103rd season and still have three ORIGINAL owners in the league, so you know there's something good going on here.

Harold Baines
6 GPD
System 5 Minors
Variable Development
robmb

Re: Chaperones! We Need Chaperones!

Post by robmb »

How does it work as a chaperone? I assume it is a temporary job until an owner for a specific team is found?
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Yes. Admin must authorize you as a chaperone.

Then you are given provisional control of a roster within a league. You manage the team as if you own it, but it is still listed as vacant and available on the list of vacant teams. If anyone else wants to buy it, they can, and it will disappear from the list of teams available for you to log into. [EDIT: Well, you're not actually **given** provisional control. You're given access to a list of available teams and you choose which one you would like to chaperone. In this case, please pick one of the vacant HBL teams. THEN you have provisional control.]

At which time you may choose to pick another team to chaperone.

But the key is to get authorization as a chaperone first. Admin prefers players who have some time in SimD under their belt, and has a good reputation on the site. If interested, submit a Support Ticket.
robmb

Post by robmb »

Got it.

Thank you. I will see if I can help out.

Bob
Chicago13

Post by Chicago13 »

Interested
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

See my response to robmb below. Get authorized and jump on in. Love to have you!
Chicago13

Post by Chicago13 »

H ok w submit ticket to Admin sorry forgot
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

In the Game, Help menu, then Support.

At top right of subsequent screen, select "New Ticket."
Chicago13

Post by Chicago13 »

I chaperone 3 teams glad to help!
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Great! San Francisco and Minnesota are still available for either purchase or chaperoning! Go for it!!

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”