At what point do I call this kid up?

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
ofan1987

At what point do I call this kid up?

Post by ofan1987 »

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12913532

Really good prospect. Will already bunt for hits, will end up being a beast of a table setter. it’s my 3rd year as team owner and I’ve drafted two other good prospects early in the last 2 drafts. My gut says os21-22 but has anyone had success calling up a stud like this at 20. I’m really going to need the cp’s as this team is terrible haha
LTJaeger

Re: At what point do I call this kid up?

Post by LTJaeger »

Keep him down as long as possible, but if you get in a CP crunch and feel forced to bring him up, I would try to get him to A- overall before bringing him up.
Minions

Post by Minions »

I would have no problem playing him at OS22. Keep track of how well he improves going forward, if OS20 he's B+ and only converted 15 of 60, then maybe OS21 you give him a good chunk of major league time.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

When his defense won't kill you, you bring him up. C-/C+ fielding needs to be closer to B+/A(-) or else he is an outfielder. Do not get caught up in hitting alone. Especially in the middle of the field. C, 2B , SS and CF need good Defense. range at 1B Arm and decent range at 3B Good arm in LF and Rf. Power bat at corner If and OF and you will do well. Redletter pitchers everywhere that are red in both stats, no green control guys, are the other key.
meazer

Post by meazer »

The other thing to remember is his birthday is july. Sooo say you are going to bring him up at OS22 - Wait until his birthday to bring him up, the improves in the minors will be at 21 then as soon as he turns 22 bring him up
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

No matter what, do not promote him until he turns 21. Ages 17-20 get the highest conversion rate possible in the minors.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Agree with WillyD on bringing him up . I would also convert him to OF while he's in the minors, he'll likely top out at something like B+/A- or A by OS28 but when he first hits the majors you want to be able to play him in the OF and have him be 90%+ so his improvement chances don't get compromised.

In addition I know this just happened but you need to clean up your minors and reduce your minor league roster to 15, no point wasting improvement chances .

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”