What are the Tie-Breakers?

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
Buzzz

What are the Tie-Breakers?

Post by Buzzz »

If 2 teams tie within the same division what are the tie-breaker(s)? I thought 1st option was head-head but was proven wrong last season (is it who had the better record the last month of the season?)
dirtdevil

Re: What are the Tie-Breakers?

Post by dirtdevil »

it's generally head to head. I guess if there's a third team with the same record it would go to a coin flip. unless your league has it's own rule, it's definitely nothing to do with the last month of the season.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

Not so sure about that Dirt. Last season I beat a team head-head and the other team received the better slot (and it seemed like a season or so before that I received better slotting on a tie breaker which I thought was determine by best head-head record.... but that not must be the 1st option). I asked this question a few real time years ago to Admin and September record was one of the tie-breaking options. Wonder if Chris knows the tie-breaker options... maybe will ask him.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

If you're talking about draft slots, then the team with the worse head-to-head gets the better slot.
If you're talking about qualifying for the playoffs, then the team with the better head-to-head gets the home-field advantage. If two teams are tied for the wildcard then they play a 1-game playoff.
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

bahstonwedsawks wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:16 pm If you're talking about draft slots, then the team with the worse head-to-head gets the better slot.
If you're talking about qualifying for the playoffs, then the team with the better head-to-head gets the home-field advantage. If two teams are tied for the wildcard then they play a 1-game playoff.
This is correct, for the draft or home field advantage if teams are tied and are tied in head to head it is coin toss
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

So, for draft-slotting
1. In-league loser of head-head
2. Out-league coin-flip

(must have mis-read that one season's h-h w-l),
thanks

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”