Can Someone Explain Behan?

Discussions for the Wilson Roberts League.

Moderators: awasp69, Imagex8

texas2step

Can Someone Explain Behan?

Post by texas2step »

I'm not trying to win this season, so the losses are fine. What I can't comprehend is the 11.00-plus ERA of 'B' reliever Ben Behan:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=13306745

This guy gets lit-up every time he even sniffs the mound. If he had 'C' control, I could maybe get that. But B+ control? Heck, I might be able to get this kind of "production" from a C+ overall pitcher. :roll:
jnormar

Re: Can Someone Explain Behan?

Post by jnormar »

He's whats known as a dud
Imagex8

Post by Imagex8 »

Yeah, that's almost 2x the ERA I'd expect from him. A string of really bad luck?
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

yeah his stats aren't so good but the combo B-/B+ doesn't lend itself to expected results; however, what is impressive is his development. Another 3 years gaining max majors development could lead to a B/A or B+/A reliever with decent RP endurance. That would be quite a steal with a 3rd round draft pick...

In general seeks like pitchers need at least one top quality skill A or A+ velocity or control; control preferred in my house. A balance and lower skill set doesn't seem to generate results even an A-/A- or certainly B+/B+ ratings can be problematic. Expecting anything from a B-/B+ pitcher seems like a stretch. With that being said; he does seems to be performing worse than expected but fortunate for him and you it seems like you can get him the majors experience to possibly get a great return on a 3rd round pick...That doesn't stink...

Return to “Wilson Roberts League”