Silky vs Pat

Discussions for the Roberto Clemente League.
DW_Geoff

Silky vs Pat

Post by DW_Geoff »

Given the newness of the league, one cannot dismiss the greatness of Silky Cee the stalwart of those Great Seattle teams that have been in the playoffs 12 of the 13 first seasons.

Apart from being the all time leader in wins IP, GS and strikeouts, silky has been an all-star since year one and amassed 7 Cy Young awards. he also amassed 24 wins in the TGL

Comparable Ray Chance with 5 Cys, 213 RCL wins with 98 TGL

The next is 3 time Cy Young Pat Gelbert

in his first 6 seasons Pat has 117 victories, which is superior to Silkys 109 (1970-1975) in that time Silky led the league in gs once, Ks once, Whip and ERA twice. Pat has W twice, ERA once, Ks twice, CG twice.

It will be interesting to see if Pat can maintain the level of excellence, and play on enough good teams to eclipse Silky's records
TonyGwynnusaGAME

Re: Silky vs Pat

Post by TonyGwynnusaGAME »

Nice comparison. Look at those improves for Pat in his OS19 & OS20 seasons. WOW! I inherited Silky in the Tony Gwynn league before it folded. I've never had an A+ overall SP and he ended up at his peak about 97 velocity and 98 control.

I think my 12 season run is coming to and end and time to start the rebuild. Any one over OS33 could be dealt. I have a lot of pieces. May be tough to deal All-time RCL greats Silky and Durger as well as catcher Mustaskis (A+ mentor to help my OS24 Collie and Colley). I will listen to any offer. Youngsters or picks considered.

How do we find a replacement for PHI?

Good luck everyone. Glad we have this competitive league.

Jerry
Seattle
DW_Geoff

Post by DW_Geoff »

We are now two Seasons Later

Silky finally missed being an all-star with an 18-9 record and has started the season 3-0 this year. He leads the RCL in wins, GS, Ks and innings pitched.

Pat has now 4 Cys, led the league in IP for the last 5 seasons, Ks for the last 3, wins 3 of the last 4 CG three of the last 4.

Pat holds or is tied for the Single season records for CGS, IP, ShO and Ks, and is the only pitcher to record 25 wins in a season twice
DW_Geoff

Post by DW_Geoff »

A brief Update,

Pat has now won his 8th Cy Young, surpassing Cee.

He sits 2nd on the RCL list with 234 wins. ahead of Ray Chance 213 and Silkys 295. At 32 he should have a good chance of surpassing Cee's 295,and an outside shot of surpassing Chances combined league total of 311 and Cee's combined of 319
TonyGwynnusaGAME

Post by TonyGwynnusaGAME »

Thanks for the updates. Appreciate it!!!

Jerry
SEATTLE

Return to “Roberto Clemente League”