Advanced Strategy Rule Flaw

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Neon17

Advanced Strategy Rule Flaw

Post by Neon17 »

There are some times that my team is inside our opponent's territory inside field goal range and on fourth down they opt to punt instead of attempt the field goal. In these cases I would prefer to go for it most times instead of punt. However, when I go to set up an advanced strategy rule, I am not able to specify that I only want to go for it only when the algorithm decides to punt. Right now the only option is the go for it instead of punting or kicking a field goal. It would be nice if I could have the option of going for it instead of punting only, but still kick the field goal if conditions are appropriate.
This has been annoying me for a while, just thought I would bring it up.
Thanks! :D
Pittsburgh River Raiders - FHFL
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Total Sim Bowl Championships
Premium 7x
Single 10x
Cueball899

Re: Advanced Strategy Rule Flaw

Post by Cueball899 »

Go to coaching strategies, then over to kicking tab. Scroll down to forth down situations.
Neon17

Post by Neon17 »

Thanks for the input Cueball, however, I don't think you get what I'm saying. What I'm talking about is too advanced for those basic fourth down situation settings. :)
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Premium 7x
Single 10x
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

In kicking strategies, at the very bottom, in red lettering. You could say; Never punt within 40 yards of goal line unless there are more than 20.0 yards to go or whatever you would like. That way your team will never punt in field goal range and instead go for it.

Fourth Down Situations
Situations are evaluated in order.

On fourth down, punt except in the following situations:

If within _ yards of the goal line and behind by more than _ points with _ yards or less to go and there are less than _ seconds remaining in the first half, go for it

If within _ yards of the goal line and behind by more than _ points and there are less than _ seconds remaining in the game, go for it

If within _ yards of the goal line and the estimated chance of making a field goal is at least _%, attempt a field goal

If within _ yards of the goal line and the estimated chance of making a field goal is at least _%, attempt a field goal

If within _ yards of the goal line and tied or behind by _ or less points and the estimated chance of making a field goal is at least _
% and there are less than _ seconds remaining in the game, attempt a field goal

If tied and within _ yards of the goal line and there are less than _ seconds remaining in the game, go for it

If losing and there are less than _ seconds remaining in the game, go for it

Never punt within _ yards of the goal line unless there are more than _ yards to go.
Neon17

Post by Neon17 »

Hm, that seems to have solved it. Im not sure why I never saw that setting. Thanks for pointing that out Cueball. :D
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Premium 7x
Single 10x

Return to “Football Suggestions And Enhancements”