A few great ideas.

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Cueball899

A few great ideas.

Post by Cueball899 »

Some guys like to move around WR in different formations. Would be cool if we could match a corner with WR so no matter where the wide-out lines up the corner with opposite with him.

Would also love to see some 4 WR formations and 2 TE formations.

Be able to choose a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

Also being able to hire a head coach, offense and defensive coordinators would be amazing. Have the coaches have specialty's like run game, pass game, defense, etc....... Even could include trainers who add IC to each player. Give each coach and or trainer 4 or 5 attributes that they are able to improve and that's it. Each coach is different based on their specialty.

Also would like to see the offensive line get more improvements on run and pass blocking. All they train on is strength, stamina, agility and of course blocking skills day in, day out. So in my opinion, you should see a offensive linemen who drafted at a B+ run and pass blocking may very well improve to a A blocking and maybe even a A+ blocking rating. You could also add a train run or pass or both blocking options. So if a lineman has A+ pass blocking but B run blocking he could train only on run blocking giving a even better chance to raise the run blocking skill.

Tackle stats, Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys rock, but we need to see some improvements on the football side. Getting tough to keep players and find new ones.

Cueball899
Admin
Site Admin

Re: A few great ideas.

Post by Admin »

I've already have some of the hooks in for more defensive options. The issue I ran into is that the central play resolver is currently just too big, so I need to break it in two before I can add much more to it. But that is coming.

Skills are relative to other players, so if everyone can get to A+ it's the same result as everyone getting to C. It's that "if everyone is special then no one is special" issue. Unlike the baseball sim, the football sim intentionally makes it very hard to climb the last rungs of that ladder; improvements start earning only a fraction of a point when you get into the higher ranges.

Tackle stats suffer from the same issue as defense; to properly resolve it requires more code than I can currently fit and trying to simplify it results in unrealistic stats. But I was literally working on this issue this week, so hopefully will move the needle on it soon.

Other things I am currently working on:
- Player position changes
- Allowing leagues to change size on the fly (grow or shrink)
- More league size options
- Live drafts for the first few rounds

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

Admin wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:56 pm
Skills are relative to other players, so if everyone can get to A+ it's the same result as everyone getting to C. It's that "if everyone is special then no one is special" issue. Unlike the baseball sim, the football sim intentionally makes it very hard to climb the last rungs of that ladder; improvements start earning only a fraction of a point when you get into the higher ranges.

Chris
I have no problem with player skill development and I'm glad it gets harder the better they are. My only issue is that offensive lineman blocking skills rarely improve. I just think that the o-line should get more blocking improvements.

Would love to see live drafts.

Derek
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Don't forget Execution is key to the O-line as well. Well, it's key to all positions but a solidly executing O-line should have fewer sacks as they work together better as a unit.

I should probably do a series of articles about how various parts of the sim interact with each other.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ShowTime

Post by ShowTime »

Admin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:15 am Don't forget Execution is key to the O-line as well. Well, it's key to all positions but a solidly executing O-line should have fewer sacks as they work together better as a unit.

I should probably do a series of articles about how various parts of the sim interact with each other.

Chris
I do hope u can explain this execution more detailed as it is somewhat confusing to many players as to how much it interacts with our players other then the QB,K. Most understand it affect seeing blitz and for kicker the ability to adjust to wind better the execution is but what about C G LT RT CB SS FS MLB OLB DE DT TE WR FB. I mean we can see what the exe penalty is for pos swap but i have no idea what/How much it is of value over other stats for these other positions.I cat make a decision if i want to play my MLB at DE if i am not sure what it does to my other stats with penalty. So does exe make my Tackle or run block less what exactly does it affect on Each different Position.Also i like to note that dodge on WR is/seems crazy all a sudden no matter if i have a A+ agi guy with A cover covering a A- agi WR with B+ catch I mean alot of dodge seems almost every other catch i am or they are dodging the CB SS FS OLB MLB. Also might be why i dont understand why my ss would be tring to cover the WR opposite side of field on a bomb pass with no blitz i seen this seems they pick the lowest of any Def back LB S or CB to make em cover no matter where they are on field.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

ShowTime wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:27 am
Admin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:15 am Don't forget Execution is key to the O-line as well. Well, it's key to all positions but a solidly executing O-line should have fewer sacks as they work together better as a unit.

Chris
I do hope u can explain this execution more detailed as it is somewhat confusing to many players as to how much it interacts with our players other then the QB,K. Most understand it affect seeing blitz and for kicker the ability to adjust to wind better the execution is but what about C G LT RT CB SS FS MLB OLB DE DT TE WR FB. I mean we can see what the exe penalty is for pos swap but i have no idea what/How much it is of value over other stats for these other positions.I cat make a decision if i want to play my MLB at DE if i am not sure what it does to my other stats with penalty. So does exe make my Tackle or run block less what exactly does it affect on Each different Position.Also i like to note that dodge on WR is/seems crazy all a sudden no matter if i have a A+ agi guy with A cover covering a A- agi WR with B+ catch I mean alot of dodge seems almost every other catch i am or they are dodging the CB SS FS OLB MLB. Also might be why i dont understand why my ss would be tring to cover the WR opposite side of field on a bomb pass with no blitz i seen this seems they pick the lowest of any Def back LB S or CB to make em cover no matter where they are on field.
Execution is how good the player is at the skills of his position. It is effectively the equivalent of Range in the baseball sim, but because it factors into more calculations (almost all of them) it has more importance here than Range does there.

I was thinking today about the complexities of skill interactions and have an idea to add a "scouting report" section to the player card to show the results of some of the interactions. What I mean is there are calculated pseudo-ratings used in the sim internals that sort of defy explanation (both because I don't necessarily want exact formulas out and because they can be complicated) but they can likely be boiled down to being able to add labels to a player indicating particular strengths and weaknesses.

I'll also take a look at the Game Guide on the various roles/skills and see if it needs some updating.

Chris

Return to “Football Suggestions And Enhancements”