Champs wilth only 12 steals

21 inning game? 400 yards passing? Unusual system generated name? Share those wild games or interesting players here!
Descent54

Champs wilth only 12 steals

Post by Descent54 »

My Washington Senators just won the 2043 World Series in the MML. Not only did this team have a 27 game winning streak, it only stole 12 bases out of 15 attempts the entire season!

It is amazing to me how many teams attempt to steal without thinking of their success chances.If you are not succeedibg 75% of the time, you'd better do some adjusting. Outs are too precious to give away.
PizzaMan8

Re: Champs wilth only 12 steals

Post by PizzaMan8 »

On one hand, if you're just running into outs, you're not helping yourself win. On the other, if you have fast runners but never attempt, you might be holding your team back.

Personally, I aim for somewhere around 75% success rate, but I don't get too worried until it gets below 70%.
chriscrowder25

Post by chriscrowder25 »

And on the other hand if you put pressure on the defense by running the bases aggressively you can challenge weak arms and fielders with limited range...Depends on if you are a Whitey Herzog or a Bobby Cox disciple.
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

chriscrowder25 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:30 pm And on the other hand if you put pressure on the defense by running the bases aggressively you can challenge weak arms and fielders with limited range...Depends on if you are a Whitey Herzog or a Bobby Cox disciple.
In my situation, having only 6 players with A speed, I had to be more conservative especially with many A catchers in the league. It was a necessity on my part.

Being a live long Cardinal fan, I remember well the Herzog's years here. Wasn't a fan of him though, because he liked to take credit for the success of the team. He could do no wrong. It was all the players fault for losses.

Greg
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

Descent54 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:47 am It is amazing to me how many teams attempt to steal without thinking of their success chances.If you are not succeedibg 75% of the time, you'd better do some adjusting. Outs are too precious to give away.
You don't need 75% to have the net-effect help your team win games. I don't usually have 75% success and my teams have done quite well.
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go

Return to “Check This Out!”