Squid Jordan traded!! Hollywood mourns

Discussions for the Art Fletcher League.
SquidJordan

Squid Jordan traded!! Hollywood mourns

Post by SquidJordan »

In a blockbuster move, the Bosses acquire The Great Squid Jordan, career batting average 1.000, for some nondescript players.
Actually a pretty good trade for both sides between two teams fighting each other for a playoff spot. In my humble opinion, the game is so much more fun when people are making trades, so good job Bosses and Stars.
wcl

Re: Squid Jordan traded!! Hollywood mourns

Post by wcl »

Sorry Squid...but I think it's a fresh start for the young lad.
Billy
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

I was surprised by the offer as the trade seemed a bit loopsided in my favor :mrgreen: - but I think the plan is to make each other's teams stronger so we can take New York Highlanders out of the Playoffs and play them ourselves.
wcl

Post by wcl »

Vytron,
I agree with Squid...you are a very fine owner to compete against. You bring a lot to the league. It has been a fine pleasure thus far in the first season.
I think the whole league is much fun, and I greatly anticipate the rest of the season and the final two.
The banter back and forth (public and private) makes for a great baseball league. Thanks to one and all.
By the way...quite a few of the owners I have had the honor of being in leagues with in the past...I thank you for your love of the game and your courteous competitiveness. This is great fun! Take care all...
Billy (LA)
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

Thanks! This is the best league I've been in since I joined in 2015, people are willing to talk and trade and have fun :)

Just completed another trade to try to fix my horrendous pitching, my second and third best pitchers hadn't been here until recently! Perhaps it's too little, too late, as I'm now fighting for 3rd spot, but I'll do my best and see how it goes in the remaining games. Just need a winning streak. And if not, see you in 1951!
SquidJordan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am all you can do is all you can do.
Vytron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about

Return to “Art Fletcher League”