Numbers leagues

Owner to Owner help and advice
Michael1

Numbers leagues

Post by Michael1 »

I realize there is very few of these. Most of them are 12gpd or higher leagues. Why are people against doing them? Is it because folks don't seem to understand where the minus middle and plus levels are in the game which can be found in the game guide. Or They just want to complain about the lack of progress there Sims are making? I enjoyed the numbers league I was in. The undervalue trades took the fun out of it.
Beanballs

Re: Numbers leagues

Post by Beanballs »

There is the SML which is 3gpd, numbers, and I am chaperoning this team for sale:

http://simdynasty.com/depth.jsp?teamid=144340

It has some talent, it would be a nice team to buy for you Michael or someone else...
The Land of Pleasant Living
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

I don't really have a preference. I am in 5 leagues, and 3 are numbers. I think they are great for newer players, especially in conjunction with a standard letter grade team. We get so conditioned through our schooling to think of A as 90-100, B 80-89, etc., players don't really realize how bad a C+ actually is in this sim. 44-51 is awful. Even a B at 60-67 is pretty bad. Some people despise numbers leagues, and it doesn't really make much sense to me. I get why you might prefer letters from a tactical/trade advantage (I convert them to numbers to know exactly where they are on my player notes), but I don't get the hatred. The only other reason I can think of is that it might be different than what someone is used to, but the grading is easy to learn.
Last edited by MDorf on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

I think it's more that there are no new leagues starting. I prefer numbers leagues also personally
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

3gpd speed leagues, Glorified Dynasty with maybe Var Dev to spice it up and WPM. THE PAIN THE PAIN!

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”