making trades

Owner to Owner help and advice
Dumbwop

making trades

Post by Dumbwop » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:03 pm

I get how to make a trade but I'm still trying to figure out how to make good trades. I make offers that Ive been told are reasonable but can never get the other owner to pull the trigger. Yet it seems every time I'm offered what looks like a good trade I end up getting fleeced. Its getting frustrating to the point I'm seriously thinking about dropping out of the sim baseball world completely.

I do enjoy the game, Ive been playing since 2011 and still have yet to figure this trade thing out.

danno38852

Re: making trades

Post by danno38852 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 pm

I`m with you. I try to look at the other teams needs. Then I start on the lower side of what I have to offer. The nature of the beast is to start low and go up. After all this I look at deals that have completed only to see deals accepted that were weaker than mine. It is frustrating. If you only draft and rely on Abe to develop players then you`ll be lucky to ever make the playoffs. Very frustrating. I wish they would start a league that requires trading a certain amt. of times over a reasonable period. May send that idea to admin. It would keep managers active and be good for all with certain rules in place.

Dumbwop

Post by Dumbwop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm

That could work, however if some of the teams are not good at making trades then it will be the same teams post season. My biggest problem is at least in my league they all want something for nothing. I usually end up being the one with nothing. Whats the formula for not getting screwed. Ive been told its like fishing the more lines in the water the better your chances. Tried that method not even a rebuttal I dont get it

danno38852

Post by danno38852 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:25 pm

Who knows. I`m sure there is a buddy system in play sometimes. I live in a southern rural area. I don`t know anyone in Sims .

VladimirTrump

Post by VladimirTrump » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:41 am

Honestly, some guys just don't trade unless they're blown away. In the gpl, there are several owners who never trade, much to their own detriment. Just find the ones who do trade and work with them, but if you insist, make sure the trade you're offering benefits them. It's one thing to be a fair trade, it's another to offer a trade that helps the team in the direction they want to go. Talent wise, I can offer the top SP in the game who may be a bit older for a young gun who may never be as good, but if that young gun is on a rebuilding team, it might be fair in terms of talent for talent, but it doesn't make sense for them

Dumbwop

Post by Dumbwop » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am

I have tried that, the answer is nice offer but that is the main piece to my rebuild. Meanwhile the guy is blocked by two players that are as good or better. Or I see him traded later in the season for a bag of used baseballs and a couple of pine tar rags. The only way I see to get better in this game is the ability to make trades, good trades. Therein lies my problem.

WillyD

Post by WillyD » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 am

It's all situational. You have to understand their situation and how that affects price.

Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Some owners get attached to players and just won't trade. The relative infrequency of trades in this game was the most surprising thing to me when I joined.

postal99

Post by postal99 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:20 am

Try asking “u2u” what an owner will take for a player you want. This has worked better for me than offering what I think they need. Some owners will only deal if they think they are getting the better end of the deal. What they want in return might not be what you thought, or they just may not want anybody on your roster. And yes, put a few offers out there. Also every league has that owner who preys on new owners, screwing them on trades. Keep trying, you’ll find the owners who will do a “fair” trade.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”