What is this sorcery?

Owner to Owner help and advice
fentuzler47

What is this sorcery?

Post by fentuzler47 »

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12815946&mode=teams

Career .250ish journeyman hitter with C+ contact gets traded to Team X midway through last season....and hits almost .340 for the rest of the season. Still hitting nearly 30 points above his career average even after losing half a letter grade in the off-season, including 7 contact points.

Team X is currently hitting .310 three months into the season. They have a guy with B- contact hitting nearly .400 with an OBP approaching .430. Another guy with C+ contact with an OBP in the .390s. They've had more than 30 players hit .340 or more for the year in the past 100 seasons. Only 1 other team in our league has had more than 20. Most have only had somewhere between 12 and 16.

Seems pretty obvious they've figured out some sort of glitch or loophole to get guys with terrible contact to absolutely rake. Is it the stadium? Is it the fact that they all have A+ speed? Inquiring minds want to know....
WillyD

Re: What is this sorcery?

Post by WillyD »

First thing I did was look at the NL pitching. Not the best bunch of hurlers, that's for sure. Second thing I did was look at the hitters on Swope's team. All of the power heavy guys have good or great speed. Also, a few of them have bunting ability. No witchcraft, pharmakeia, or sorcery to be found.
fentuzler47

Post by fentuzler47 »

WillyD wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:59 pm First thing I did was look at the NL pitching. Not the best bunch of hurlers, that's for sure. Second thing I did was look at the hitters on Swope's team. All of the power heavy guys have good or great speed. Also, a few of them have bunting ability. No witchcraft, pharmakeia, or sorcery to be found.
Nah, there's definitely something fishy going on here. Imma find out what it is...
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Look at the league batting averages compared to previous seasons.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

The pitching in that league is horrendous. Power and speed are gonna dominate those pitchers. I counted only 4 or 5 very good pitchers in the entire rest of the NL and 3 of them are on Cincinnati. So basically every time hes not playing Cincinnati those guys are going to be raking pretty much every game.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Also what is the stadium like...I have a team composed of all power and play in a tiny stadium.

I have another team where I have 4 A+/A- guys with A+ Speed and play in a largest stadium possible that is turf to force other teams into DP, while my guys rack up doubles and triples. My IF is all A+ range guys to cut down on opposing hits.

The more I play the more speed and power seem to dictate batting average.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”