“Openers”

Owner to Owner help and advice
WillyD

Re: “Openers”

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:46 pm They work and I have been playing against an owner that has perfected it. Below you will see a player card that pitched 346 innings last year and he only started 1 game. He also had 62 improvement chances. So yeah it works. I have beaten many times because of this.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12678200
It works for sure. Unfortunately 346 innings while pitching every other day is completely unrealistic, and that needs to be addressed by Admin.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

GoYanksGo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:04 pm What’s going on with all those trades between Montreal and St. Louis lol?
pecker247 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:46 pm They work and I have been playing against an owner that has perfected it. Below you will see a player card that pitched 346 innings last year and he only started 1 game. He also had 62 improvement chances. So yeah it works. I have beaten many times because of this.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12678200
It's called the craziest league in the world. The trades kept getting overturned, but there was no notification of a vote or anything so I assumed it was a glitch in the system. Come to find out it was getting reversed. You don't truly know craziness until you have lived in the Wally Berger League.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

90% of the craziness will end once a certain person finishes out his last season.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I would agree that the site needs to do something about a player getting 346 innings pitched. The site is trying to imitate actual baseball and as a whole has done a great job, but the pitcher abuse has not been fully addressed. Is it possible that they can put in a rule that a pitcher can't pitch more than 10 innings in a 3 game time span? That would allow a reliever to still go 3 innings each game with one game actually going 4. Have you ever seen a reliever pitch 3 innings for 3 straight games anyway? If there was a way to do that then I think that would stop it. They also need to do something about the batters as well. There is a way to bench your batter and bring them in later. This is really good for hitters that are low in health and it allows them to play more games that way. Maybe admin can't address these issues or maybe they can I don't know, but I am sure it's just a coding thing that can be fixed.

So if a reliever came into a game and pitched 6 innings then that same reliever would be allowed to pitch for 2 innings each of the next 2 games before he is forced to rest. We could even make it more restrictive than that and do it off of batters if need be as well. OR you can put a cap on the amount of games or innings a pitcher can go to. Since 1980 we have never had a pitcher get to 300 innings. Maybe that is the max. Maybe 100 appearances is the max for any pitcher to pitch in a season. On the 101th appearance that pitcher is automatically put on the DL for 50 days. Same thing for the pitcher. Once he gets to 301 innings he is automatically put on the DL for 50 games. Just some ideas.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I remember an old Sports Illustrated game where if a RP went 2 IP or more, you couldn't use him in the next game. If a SP went 5 IP, had to take 2 days off.

Maybe SimD needs to go to a days or games meter instead of an "energy meter" or an energy meter **plus** a games/days meter....?

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”