Always Pinch Hit for Pitcher if losing or tied?

Owner to Owner help and advice
Vytron

Always Pinch Hit for Pitcher if losing or tied?

Post by Vytron »

Is there a way to set it so that if I'm not winning the game I want to always Pinch Hit for my Pitcher after some inning? It's a desperate situation in the 8th and I really need some runs and my Relief Pitcher just comes and bats... but if I'm winning then I want my Pitcher to be pulled out so "Always PH for Relievers" wouldn't work here.
SquidJordan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am all you can do is all you can do.
Vytron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about
nuzzy62

Re: Always Pinch Hit for Pitcher if losing or tied?

Post by nuzzy62 »

Under Mode, go to Pitchers.
The last one is Pitcher PH for Offense.
Select In or after the whatever inning pinch hit for my pitcher if the Winning or Tying run is On Deck.

That should give you the greatest number of pinch hitters for your pitchers.

You could also adjust under Pitcher Stamina so the RP gets pulled more often by selecting a high number of batters to this question: When he is batting, consider a RP tired if he will become tired after facing the next
batters.
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

nuzzy62 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 amSelect In or after the whatever inning pinch hit for my pitcher if the Winning or Tying run is On Deck.
Thanks, this is what I have set (8th), yet my relief pitcher continues to bat in the 8th instead of being pinch hit for.
nuzzy62 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 amYou could also adjust under Pitcher Stamina so the RP gets pulled more often by selecting a high number of batters to this question: When he is batting, consider a RP tired if he will become tired after facing the next batters.
Will try this out, just hoped there was an "unless I'm winning" option for this.
Vytron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

Like in this game:

http://www.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp? ... 6&cityid=2

I'm losing by 5 runs, so it'd be very nice if someone capable of batting pinch-hit for him on the 8th (Pitcher Stamina could have caused a pinch-hit on the 6th, which was undesirable, "Always PH for Relievers on the 8th" could make me lose a game if my good pitcher is switched for another one that sucks.) So I can't just always pinch it on the 8th for RP if losing or tied (unless "Winning or Tying run is On Deck" isn't working as it should?)
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

yea it sucks theres no option for this, just gotta put it on pinch hit if the tying run is on deck, and deal with them not getting pinch hit for if youre getting blown out. Ive tried to put an insane high number on the Consider a RP tired if he will become tired after facing the next batters but it doesn't seem to work, they still dont get pinch hit for.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

You can just always have your relievers pinch it for after a certain inning. The closer would be exempt if you us the closer rule.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

like Vytron said, then your stud relievers gonna get pinch hit for when you dont want him to. My best reliever comes in in all close games, not just when im winning.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Vytron wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:30 pm
nuzzy62 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 amSelect In or after the whatever inning pinch hit for my pitcher if the Winning or Tying run is On Deck.
Thanks, this is what I have set (8th), yet my relief pitcher continues to bat in the 8th instead of being pinch hit for.
nuzzy62 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 amYou could also adjust under Pitcher Stamina so the RP gets pulled more often by selecting a high number of batters to this question: When he is batting, consider a RP tired if he will become tired after facing the next batters.
Will try this out, just hoped there was an "unless I'm winning" option for this.
If you designate you best reliever as a closer he won't get pulled if you're ahead.
If I am winning and have the closer rule turned on, and my effective closer comes to bat in the Bottom of the 8th or later, Let him bat.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

Im sure he knows that already. Hes talking about when your team is losing by more than what the 'winning or tying' run on deck can cover. Aka youre getting blown out. There needs to be a 'in or after the whatever inning, pinch hit for pitcher if i'm losing at all or losing up to a certain specified amount, not just only when the tying run is on deck. Like if youre down 3+ runs and theres noone on base, theres no way to pinch hit for your pitcher unless hes tired or you have always pinch hit for my pitcher after specified inning on. But if you have that on your stud reliever is gonna get pulled in a tie game when you dont want him to, when maybe (if hes a solid endurance reliever) he could have went like 4 more innings scoreless before getting tired. Its fine in extra innings because you can use the extra inning setting to where they only get pinch hit for when losing, its just a little annoying when youre down 3+ runs in the 7th-8th inning and your RP bats. But its the lesser of two evils as id rather have that than my best reliever getting pulled in tie games.
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

Exactly. I have requested this feature to be added to the game (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12687 )

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”